Chapter 4: Who the hell are you

I had no more meetings for the day thankfully. I'd drained my coffee and was scooping the whipped cream out with a straw I had gotten from a random coffee shop I had walked by.

My phone beeped, indicating that I'd a message, probably from Jane.

Jane: Hayden here is the contact details for Mr Henshaw and Mr Taylor. The listed number is for their residence as they currently do no have a personal cell. According to their secretary, they had cited personal and private reasons for their leave and there is no confirmed date for their arrival. 

Hayden: okay Jane.

Jane: Hayden, the secretary told me that the last person who called them few months back got severely reprimanded and was fired immediately. 

Hayden: okay Jane. That's not part of what I asked for .

I rolled my eyes at the phone and entered my dingy apartment. I picked up the thick stack of envelopes from my mailbox, noting they were mainly bills and overdue payments for the debt I owed passed down to me by my 'rents.

I thought long and hard before deciding that my conscience wouldn't allow me to let such irresponsibility continue while more unwitting people got hurt.

I'd probably lose my job but I'd the other 4 and there's no way they'd collude to fire me simultaneously.

Ring

Ring

Ring

Ring

''Hello?"  A voice breathlessly answered

''Hi, yes, I'd like to speak to Mr Taylor please? It's rather important'' I voiced.

''Oh, you can't wait? I'm sure that yo-''

''I need to speak to Mr goddamn Taylor now! I'm not taking no for an answer'' I snapped

''Whoa calm down lady you'll get your Mr Taylor soon, just hold. Jeez'' He grumbled in annoyance

''HEY-'' The breathless voice, hm sounded like the guy was exercising or something, came back on the line ''Uh lady which Taylor are you looking for exactly?''

What the, how many Taylors are there that own Taylor-Henshaw?

''The one that went MIA on Taylor-Henshaw Auto for thirteen months?? How many of those do you have? And it's Miss Waters to you buddy'' I gritted out.

''Alright, alright'' he mumbled

There was a slight rustling noise before someone took the phone

''Hello'' came the husky greeting

''When are you coming back'' I asked.

And boy, that voice was hot. Were old people supposed to sound hot? Focus damn it Hayden

''Tsk. What's it matter to you woman. I don't have patience for your petty BS''He growled

I lost my temper.

'''What on God's green earth do you think you're doing Mr Taylor? Do have any idea what your company's doing? I've been managing your shitty company's PR while you sit back and let it fall to ruin. That, that I wouldn't mind; no. 'Cause I still get paid. You could collapse on your wrinkly butt and fall into a coma for all I care. No, what really got me Mr Taylor is when a grown woman is brought to her knees and reduced to tears begging a stranger like me for help. I'm good at my job Mr Taylor but I won't have any part in being responsible for people's pain. You either get down here and fix it or I'm going public with this and you can watch your company crumble from your cosy isolated cabana'' I ranted.

I hadn't realized how much that woman had affected me till now. Probably because she wasn't the first one to stand outside the building. 

Or, it could've been that she reminded me of mother, before she turned to massive loans and debts to recuperate funds lost in a bad investment. The very loans that I was toiling day and night to repay.

There was a deep silence before a single booming question jolted me out of my memories.

''Who the hell are you?''

''Waters. Pleasure talking to you'' I rushed out before hanging up.

Yikes now that's over. Hopefully he does something.

Heyy hope you liked this one too :)

Share and Vote

Cheerss

CS