Chapter 29: Series of WTF events Part 1

Shoutout to @RiemValentine and @TheBrownOne608 for your wonderful comments that absolutely make me laugh. Booo  @ Sang xD

 Much love to the everyone who has stuck with this story thus far and welcome newer readers! 

SUPER LONG CHAP AHEAD!

ENJOY!

Hayden POV

(TimeSkip from the last chapter to Friday, the day before they introduce Hayden to Phil)

I squinted my eyes as the sunlight streamed in, right into my eyes. I reached out my arm, expecting to feel one of the boys' chests next to me. My eyes opened wide when I realized that I was alone in bed. Not only that, I was in my room too.

I remembered falling asleep between Marc and Corey last night in the movie room. They must've carried me here. I sat up and trudged to the bathroom, for my morning shower routine. It's almost 10am, how come none of them woke me up? Oh, whatever.

Upon exiting, to my annoyance, as I walked around the house, no one was home. I grumbled and made myself a simple breakfast of milk and cereal, and plopped myself in front of my computer so that I could get some work done. A note was inside the computer lid.

''Dear love,

We've been called to manage an emergency. Didn't want to wake you. Don't worry, will be back soon.

Love,

Your angels.''

I nodded, my annoyance at them lowering a little. I opened my playlist and let the music play.

Bobbing my head to the music, I worked on the spreadsheets and emailing all the necessary Board members about my latest 'work from outside the office' arrangement and listed ways they could reach me for anything. About an hour into my working, there was a muffled 'thud' in the room above. I lowered the volume of my jam and listened closer.

THUD.

What the fuck, wasn't I alone?! I turned the music to its original volume so as to not alert the intruder.

I speed-walked to the kitchen and grabbed a butter knife laying about. Gripping it tightly, I walked up the winding stairs, anticipating the worst case scenarios.

Zombie? Murderer? Rapist? VOLTO?Or worse- an evil dentist! Ergh I jogged over to the room I heard it coming from. Huh. Axel and Owen's study it seems. Too bad guys....

I took a deep breath and pushed open the door.

I relaxed instantly. A fuckin' stray cat was lurking about making a mess of Owen's desk. I laughed a little, lowering the knife and padding over to the kitty. 'Hey, kitty. Where'd you come from huh?'' I questioned, making to pick it up. I scratched behind its ears, making it purr. I cooed ''Good kit-TY?!'' The cat hissed abruptly, scratching me and leaping away.

I ducked. A knife whistled past and embedded itself in the wall next to me. ''What the fuck!'' I screeched, turning to face my attacker. A familiar face. I squinted, and it clicked.

''Yo-you're the fucking maid!''

''Nope, not a maid. More like a bounty hunter. Sang sent me. But wasn't expecting you...'' Josie, the ex-maid, sneered, fingering another knife, making to attack me. I spun around her lunging form and tensed.

''You're fired!'' I gritted out, readying myself.

I brought my own knife up, in a wide arc towards her back. She yelled as my knife met skin and blood oozed out of her wound.