Chapter 18: Unwanted Past

Violent stuff later in the chapter,just be forewarned:)

Hayden's POV

Yeah, so I was totally right in guessing that all 14 of my boys would be there for lunch.We'd pulled up near to the shawarma place and the first thing I notice were all the shiny gleaming cars and bikes that were huddled around the lot.

I was escorted in by Gabriel, flanked by Luke and Marc. Gabriel had obnoxiously shouted my arrival to everyone else ''MISCHIEF'S HERE, FUCKERS!''

The guys groaned half-heartedly and slowly, grins spread across each and every perfectly sculpted, unique face of my friends. Yeah, friends.

They'd booked the whole restaurant so that we could all get some privacy. I was a little overwhelmed by the whole thing, but really was enjoying the experience of having an entire restaurant empty save for yourself. At the back of my mind, I made a mental note to get back to tracking Wendigo today, later when I got back maybe.

We talked, gossiped, joked and poked fun at each other for the next 3 hours; the longest lunch I'd ever had. Owen shared funny stories about Sean's medical school days, Luke told everyone about the pranks he'd played on his Uncle, North and even teachers. No one was spared.

Axel made fun of Raven's tendencies to walk around without clothes to which Raven had asked if he wanted ''this'', gesturing to his body. I blushed, imagining the lower half of Raven, before directing my attention to the others, sparing myself from doing something weird. Like, lick his neck or something. The twins had loads to share about the shenanigans they got up to when they were younger.

Victor was a master pianist, to which I'd asked him to play for me, because I certainly didn't have the talent for it. Nathan knew many forms of martial arts, so did Raven so I'd challenged them both to a match. They promised to go easy on me though; making me laugh. I wasn't an amateur, I wanted to see how I measured up against these gods. Besides, I'd need it if I were to take down both Plank and Wendigo.

Kota and Gabriel offered to show me the ropes of running a company so that I could improve on my repertoire of skills. Owen also offered to teach me how to invest stocks since I'd mentioned not knowing how to do that. Sure, I could read and analyse them, but ask me to buy them and to know the market's volatility? Nah, I'd lose every penny. Nice of him to offer though. Silas and North weren't much talkers but they were good listeners, giving solid inputs whenever they deemed necessary. North and Nathan had also warmed up more to me, I could feel it.

''SO, Mischief, we know you've been offered positions at both North's and Brandon's and our companies. Who do you loove more?'' Gabriel asked abruptly.

I said what came to mind first. ''I have to choose?''.

The it registered what I could've been implying and hastily corrected myself. I felt my phone vibrate at least 3 times but I ignored it. ''No, uh, what I mean is that, I'm working with, uh 3 of your firms-''

''Five'' Axel

''Five'' that was North

''Hey, I resigned!''

''No, I declined your resignation, you aren't leaving.''

''Oh, okayy then...? Anyways, I'm working with uh, all of your firms, and it wouldn't be very professional ofme to just quit on any of you especially since you've all just only come back''

''But what about after we've stabilized and stuff? " Luke asked, earning slight glares from the rest.

"Not that we're planning to stabilise anytime soon. Hell we might not even stabilize so we'd need you there forever" Brandon blurted