Chapter 24: Get Outta Here!

Kinda Long Chapter ahead!

Hayden's POV

It didn't take long for Gabriel to come down with his "backup" though I was already expecting his selection. Nate and Raven were trudging down after him looking a little put out at being dragged out so late, only now , Raven had bluish hair and his lip piercing was gone and Nate had a blonde wig, with a fake black goatee. Gabriel worked some makeup on North to make it look like he had a black eye while Gabriel was sporting a rather realistic looking scar across his face.

All in all, they looked like they could be actual Grounders. Nice. I grinned and we set off in Nathan's rugged Range Rover, with me giving directions as well as pointers on what to expect and how to behave. I told them the basics of Grounded Kombat, the no rules and stuff and they took it really well. I was sure they would be telling the rest tomorrow but that was a problem for tomorrow. Tonight, it was my night, I thought, putting on my eye makeup to look like the Black Swan.

We parked nearby to The Club and as we walked over I hushed my voice and told the guys once more, "Whatever happens, don't interfere " I told them my voice steely. The guys tucked guns they'd gotten from the Rover and pulled their shirts over it to conceal it. I approved.

They nodded mutely and we all entered the club, walking through the dance floor to the basement's entrance.

I knocked twice. "password?" A male voice drawled from behind

Glancing behind me at the guys, I said " Fat Joe"

The door swung open to reveal the bloody pits of Grounded Kombat. I inhaled the scent of blood and sweat, watching the guys as they looked around intrigued, taking in every sight.

"Diana!!" A hand clamped me on my shoulder. The guys looked puzzled at the name and I mouthed "later" to them. "Frodo!" I greeted back, smiling sweetly.

"We've set you up in cage 5, after Joker finishes his rounds. Wasn't sure if you'd be back after Joker's whips on ya" he drawled in a southern accent.

"Wouldn't miss it. These are my boys, they're not to be touched Frodo, I mean it" I told him seriously, indicating the guys. "Right-o, just get them the bands and the rest will respect that. They respect you too much to go against that, Diablo."

I grinned, grabbing the boys and guiding them to the back makeshift counter. "4 black bands, name's Diablo" I told the portly boy manning the station. He nodded and went back to get the personalised bands. Once I got them from him, I gave them out to the boys, yelling slightly to be heard over the sounds of cheering and screaming. "This is your protection for the night! Don't ever take it off. If anyone tries to mess with you, just show them this band and it should be settled. If it isn't , call me." I told them.

Raven tried wrapping it around his wrist but it was too large. I stifled laughter as the rest did the same only to be similarly confused by the incorrect size.

I decided to put them out of their misery as I wanted to get a look around the cages before heading to mine.

I tapped the guys and pointed to my neck. "Collar, guys. It's a collar" I smirked wildly, pretending to be oblivious to the dark, heated, aghast looks they were sending me.

"You'll pay for this Mischief" Gabriel leant down and roughly nipped my neck, making my knees go slightly weak.

I just winked impishly at them "looking forward to it" walking off to look at the fighters tonight.

A half hour later, Joker was covered in his opponents' blood and was licking off the fresh red liquid from his whips. The guys had looked mortified and dumbfounded by the state of his victims and even more so when they found out I had been up against him and was going to do so again later tonight.