Chapter 28: The Past, Unmasked.

Wasn't feeling up to it previously...but i've finally done this chapt! Backstory revealed, hope it lives up to your expectations guys (:

/crosses fingers

ENJOY THE CHAP!!

Hayden's POV

Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew. Who'd leave these for that?! I thought looking around at my angels who were still digesting the fact.

I slammed the computer lid shut. All 14 pairs shot to me. "Don't y'all think that staring at your ex turned psycho instead of your current girlfriend, for 300seconds is a little much?" I sassed

" Sorry, we're just horrified that she's working wit- wait" Silas stopped mid-sentence.

"How did you know she's our ex?" Dakota cried, looking ashamed

I gave them a 'really?' look. " I have eyes guys. See these? I observe. And I pieced it together eventually. Y'all suck at hiding stuff."

"W-we wanted to tell you about her... but we were scared we would lose you...." Victor trailed off looking like a sad puppy. Awwww

I hugged Victor to my chest. "I'm not leaving okay?"

Luke started jumping up and down, making us all look at him. "I'm really sad and scared too, Chip!! Do I get a boob hug?"

I looked down and realised I kinda was snuggling Vic's head into my cleavage. Not that he was complaining.... "ouch!" I yelped as Vic playfully nipped my exposed flesh. "Viccc!" I whined as he backed away looking smugly at the rest.

"So, what will we do about her?" I asked, sobering them up as we focused on the situation.

"I think that... before we proceed with sharing our plan... we probably owe it to you to divulge our pasts. Axe's team included...." Owen said slowly and softly.

"Alright." I agreed. We all sat in a large circle around the centre of the room, with Owen and Axel flanking me.

And they started, and I never interrupted, half out of interest and the other because I knew it was hard to share their pasts.

The boys shared how some of them had abusive childhoods and found salvation in this organization called the Academy that they were still a part of, just less involved(?). The Academy helped others who needed it and gave them access to resources to make them into educated, intelligent and capable 'operatives'. They found each other, when they were teenagers and had been brothers ever since. Axel's 'team' joined a few years after Blackbourne's team got together with their ex 'bird' Sang.

Team Toma, as they were once called, had their own nasty experience with their 'bird' Kaylie who had cheated on them with some tool called Blake. They hadn't heard from her in a while. Team Toma were unbalanced and reckless so the Academy's senior member and their close friend, Dr Phil, paired the two teams up, hoping that Team Blackbourne would help them find their purpose again. He was the mentor for both the teams.

It became more than that, and the two teams found family in each other, eventually merging to become one large family of 14 males. That's when it got sad.

Sean was seriously fidgeting now. It was his turn to speak. "Sang, she was abused, plain and simple. She didn't know the things normal people her age would. It didn't matter to us. We loved her, for who she was. But on," his voice cracked slightly "h-hindsight she never loved us" Owen placed his hand gently on Sean's thigh in a show of support, looking morose.

"She saw us as a way out, as a way to escape the abuse, so she morphed herself to become someone else. She told us she l-loved us, did everything with us, but we never had her heart. Then...when we told her, she couldn't force herself to continue... and she wasn't in danger of being sent back.... so she just packed and walked out, right through the front door."