11. cards.

"Fuck, what the fuck happened? Why the hell is she burning up?" Luca was confused and frustrated as he picked Celeste up bridal style.

Luca, Dante, and Lorenzo made it to Luca's apartment and he laid her down on the bed.

"Dude, I was trying to tell you she has a fever... Why do you think she came to me? Shit." Dante said trying to cover up why she truly came to visit him.

"Why the hell didn't she tell me?" Luca asked.

"Maybe because all you do is fuck whores and beat her, which explains the fever and her fear to tell you anything." Dante was losing his cool. He had enough of Luca treating Celeste like shit.

"Why do you suddenly care so much, huh?" Frustration built up in Luca.

"Because this poor woman has been dealing with your ungrateful ass for the past month or so, LITERALLY, doing everything you're asking her to do without uttering a single word. And what do you do? Treat her like shit for something Adriana did to you four fucking years ago." Dante regretted the moment her name came out of his mouth.

There was complete silence. Luca didn't utter a single word, neither did he get angry.

"FUCK! I'm sorry, bro. I didn't mean to. Fuck, fuck, fuck. It's just that I see Celeste genuinely try so hard, she's good for you, man. Just let her in." Dante had no clue what he was babbling on about. He just didn't want Luca to hate him for bring her up.

Luca starts laughing, not a joyful laugh but a painful one. It was a forced, sad laugh, "It's funny how the women in my life end up being so shitty. First mom, then Adriana. Then, I end up stuck with this girl."

Dante wanted to tell him that this girl will do wonders if Luca gave her a chance but said nothing. Luca hasn't spoken with such emotion in so damn long.

"I miss mom." Dante said in a barely audible whisper, while looking down at his feet.

Luca didn't reply. Luca missed his mom as well but would never admit it. He can never forgive his mom for the pain she caused Papa and for abandoning him and Dante at such a young age.

"Dante...? Luca...?" Celeste was slowly getting up.

Dante quickly got himself together, pretending the whole depressive situation did not just happen. But little did they know, Celeste heard everything.

"Sis-in-law! Are you alright? Do you need anything?" Dante asked.

"How did I get here?" Celeste asked even though she vaguely remembers Luca bringing her here but wasn't sure if she dreamt it.

"Oh, Luca carried you here." Dante said as a matter of fact.

"Oh, I see." She looked at Luca and blushed at the thought of him carrying her, "Thank you."

"Whatever." Luca replied.

"I'm going to go out to buy you some medicine and food, call me if you need me. But, Luca will be here taking care of you." Dante took the chance to add Luca into this.

"Me? Take care of her? Are you out of your mind? I have better things to do." Luca said.

"It's okay. I'll be fine. He doesn't need to be here if he doesn't want to." Celeste said.

Dante frowned, "What a gentleman, Luca." He said sarcastically. "Okay, then. I'll be off."

Celeste gave him a weak smile and waved as Luca gave him a nod.

Once Dante left, it was complete silence again.

Finally, Celeste said, "Luca, you can go. I know you don't want to be here taking care of me. Neither do you want to be in the presence of me so..."