26. captured.

3 Days Later...

Celeste's head was throbbing and she opened her eyes to peer around the room. The room was empty. It seemed like an unkept storage room. She knew someone had kidnapped her yet her hands and feet were not bound, neither was her mouth covered by tape or cloth.

When she tried to get up, her body shot up in pain. She quickly sat back on the chair to check her legs, and behold, there were long scratches along her leg that had dry blood on it. She checked her arms and they were red as if someone had beaten the shit out of her. There were no mirrors in the room but she could tell her lip was busted open and lord knows what else happened to her face.

Her weak legs made it to a door and she fiddled with the door knob with no luck. She knocked on the door, "Hello? Why am I here?" She was hoping someone would come and tell her what the hell was going on.

No answer.

She didn't know how many minutes, hours, days, or weeks had passed by since that ball. She doesn't remember if she had woken up while they, whoever they were, tortured her. She doesn't remember getting the cuts and bruises. Her last memory was of her being shoved inside a van.

A few minutes later, she heard a pair of men who were talking about her.

"Man, I'm shocked she hasn't ordered us to kill her. And that girl takes the beating almost too well." said a guy with a deep voice.

"Right? We basically beat the shit out of her and she's still alive. She'll probably order us to kill her soon." Another said who had a more rougher sounding voice.

She heard them coming closer to her and then they started opening the locks to her door.

"Oh, look, Paul, she's awake." The one with the rougher voice said.

"Good, because ma'am will be here soon and we need her awake." said Paul.

"Why am I here? What do you want from me?" Celeste interrupted their conversation.

"She talks!" Laughed the one with the rougher voice.

"Okay, Ethan. Stop laughing." Then he turned to Celeste, "you're here because ma'am wanted you here."

"Who's Ma'am? You must've picked up the wrong person. Listen, I won't tell-" Celeste was cut off by Ethan.

"Unless, someone else is Luca Battaglia's wife, I don't think we mistook anything." Ethan said. "Now, shut up because Ma'am is coming or else."

Right on cue, this Ma'am, walked in. Surprise, surprise, it was Adriana.

"I told you Celeste, we'd see each other again." She smirked.

"You." Celeste spat.

"Yes, me." Adriana mocked her. "I see you've been beaten to the pulp. Luca would love a picture of this." Adriana took out her phone and snapped a picture of Celeste.

She grabbed Celeste's face in her hand and squeezed it as hard as she could, digging her nails into Celeste's cheeks, "Listen, bitch, you're going to die at the end of this either way, just like your family. No point in asking questions or screaming for help because you'll be dead before anyone can find you."

Her nails dug deep into Celeste's cheeks, drawing blood, "m-my family? What do you mean?" Celeste's blood ran cold, her face as pale as sheet.