13. dance. (Part 2)

Luca was already on stage, lovingly gesturing her to come out onto the stage. She kept shaking her head but then saw Luca flash her a you either come up or you're dead look.

She quickly made her way up to the stage and introduced herself and begging Luca with her eyes to not let her speak anymore.

After Luca telling the crowd a few 'loving' words about Celeste. "My lovely wife here stole my heart the moment I laid eyes on her. I knew I had to have her and well, here she is, as my beautiful wife." The crowd cheered awe, in unison

"Ma'am, how did you fall in love with the notorious playboy, Luca Battaglia? In fact, how did you make him fall in love, enough to have him marry you?" A reporter directed the question at Celeste.

"I...uh..." Celeste looked over at Luca, and he was looking at her intensely. He, himself, was waiting for an answer. Celeste was started to panic, what lie can she make up?

"Well, to answer the first question, I know this is going to sound cheesy as hell but the first thing that had me intrigued were his eyes. They were so unique and fascinating. And then once I got to know him, it wasn't hard to fall in love, he's a very loving and protective man." The crowd went wild in admiration at Celeste's answer. It was simple yet so said with so much love.

She looked over at Luca, who was now staring at her as if he was trying to read into her soul, trying to figure out if it was a lie. The truth was, well, it was the truth. There wasn't a single lie in what Celeste had just said.

"And to answer the second question," she sighed a little sadly, "you're going to have to ask him because I don't know and I don't think-..." The crowd gave a puzzling look and she quickly realized where she was going with this, "Honestly, I wouldn't marry myself. I'm such a mess, to tell you the truth. I'm glad someone was crazy enough to love me." Everyone burst out laughing and cheering. Celeste was glad she was able to win over the crowd.

Luca looked at her with sorrow, does she have feelings for me...?

The host took over, "These two make me feel single, alone, and unloved. How tragic for me." Celeste let out a giggle, along with the guests. "And now, this beautiful couple will have their first public dance."

Celeste's eyes widen, "Dance? Luca, I can't dance... I don't even leave the house, omg Luca!"

Luca didn't say anything but led her down the stage to the centre of the room. He took her right hand and placed it on his shoulder, and took her left and in his. The DJ played Neptune by Sleeping At Last.

(A/N: I would recommend for you guys to listen to the song while reading this scene as it adds to the aura of the scene, ya know. It's all about making things dramatic, lol!)

"This is my favourite song! Kinda depressing though for a first dance, isn't it?" Celeste asked. Luca smiled, which was starting to become less and less rare as he started to become more and more loose around Celeste.

"...I'm only honest when it rains. If I time it right, the thunder breaks When I open my mouth. I want to tell you but I don't know how..."

Luca cleared his throat, "You look beautiful."

"T-thank you." Celeste felt a blush creeping up her cheeks.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry for causing you so much pain." Luca said in a bare whisper. He stroked her cheek, "I'm sorry, you don't deserve this." Luca didn't know what took over him, maybe it was the song, maybe it was the atmosphere, but he felt guilty for so many things at once.