25. ball. (Part 2)

A/N: I'll let you guys know when to play the song!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I- I am not!" Celeste tried defending herself.

Dante laughed, "I was planning on dancing with Beatrix next but Raffael swooped her away before I could get to her and you were the closest."

"Raffael?" Celeste asked, confused.

"Yeah, Mr. Bianchi's son. You've seen him at the last party with Adriana." Dante said. Adriana's name made Celeste wince.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to." Dante said.

"It's okay. I thought they were engaged or something?"

"Apparently, it was all fake. Adriana had some kind of information over them so they had to fake their engagement." Dante realized he gave away too much as he was investigating the matter on his own.

"Wait, what?" Celeste was even more confused.

Dante quickly changed the topic, "I see my brother won't stop looking at me like he'll kill me. I guess it's time for me to move out of his way." Dante escorted Celeste to Luca before Celeste could even process what was going on.

(A/N: you can play the song if you'd like. 😊)

Luca slid his hands behind her waist, as she put her shaky hands around his shoulders. Their chests were almost touching, Celeste could feel his heart beating out of proportion. He was just as nervous as her, she could feel it.

"Hi..." Luca finally said in a breathy tone.

"H-hi..." Celeste managed to say. She couldn't look him in the eye.

He lifted her chin to look her in the eye, "I don't deserve you, do I?" He said more to himself than her.

"... My heart is breaking by the shore / And I couldn't give you anymore..."

Celeste hadn't shed a single tear in the past month, but she could feel all the emotions she had bawled up inside, resurfacing.

"You look beautiful tonight." Luca continued.

Celeste stayed silent.

"I'm sorry for being such an asshole, Celeste. Please, please look at me." Luca begged.

Celeste look up at him, her eyes sparkling with unshed tears.

"What do you want me to say? I forgive you? I love you? I'll take you back?" Celeste bit onto her lips to stop herself from crying.

"... I'm sorry that I let you go, I'm sorry that I cared / I'm sorry that the feeling shows and I just wasn't there..."

"I fucked up so many times, I finally found someone who loved me but I pushed you away. I was scared to love again, I was scared I was going to end up being a fucking mess again if I loved you." Luca's voice was shaking.

"... I'm reminded of the fool I was / I cut you off and fucked it up again / I'm sorry that I let you go, I'm sorry that I cared..."

"It still hurts, Luca. You want to know what's worst? I still love you. I still want to be in your arms, I still want your kisses, I still need you. I'm ready to give up my own life just so you could be happy with yours." A tear slid down Celeste's face.

"... This pillow case smells of you / And time itself stops to prove / And for a moment, nothing changed / And everything stays the same..."

Luca caressed Celeste's cheek, "I can't leave you. I'm addicted to you, Celeste. I'm addicted to your innocence, I'm addicted to your kisses, I'm addicted to your touch, I'm addicted to your smell, I'm addicted. The time I spent without you had driven me insane."

Celeste let a few more tears slide down her face. Unintentionally, she wrapped her arms tighter around him, leaving almost no gap between them. They wanted to freeze time and stay like this, just in each other's embraces, where they forget about all their problems.

"... And I'm still shaking and crawling back again..."

"I don't have a reason to live without you. I don't think I can live without you. If you don't come back to me, I'll pull the trigger on my own head. That's the only way I can set you free." Luca's voice was weak and frail.

Celeste quickly put a hand over his mouth, "Don't you dare ever say anything like that ever again. This is not a joking matter. Your life is precious to others, not only yourself. You can't take your own life for foolish and selfish reasons, Luca."

"... I left the light on so you could see me in the dark / But then it blinded us and left us who we are..."

Celeste's heart clenched at the thought of Luca in so much pain. But their relationship was so toxic, so bad for them yet so good. Going back to each other will either destroy them or make them better and Celeste doesn't have the energy to be destroyed again.

Before Luca could say anything, there were multiple gunshots that went off. The whole place went down in chaos. People were screaming and running around everywhere.

"W-what's happening?" Celeste asked.

"Celeste, I need to get you to saf-" Someone had knocked something across Luca's head, leaving him momentarily dizzy.

"Luca-" Celeste felt a cloth on her mouth, while she slowly lost consciousness. The last thing she remembers is feeling paralyzed while being shoved in a van.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OH NOOOOO!!

Luca: you just had to ruin our moment, didn't you?
Me: I told you to give me some respect, didn't I? Plus, it was time for some intensity in your situation.
Luca: you're despicable!!!
Me: I know. *laughs evilly*

You can tweet me @NamjoonBieber on Twitter and @btsboys.trash on Instagram if you have any comments, questions, or want updates on the story. :)

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!!