15. silence.

A/N: Early update? Whaaaaat??? I got extra time so finished up this chapter and thought I'd give an early update! Yay!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It had been exactly a week since the events from the party. Celeste did everything possible to avoid Luca throughout the week. She even went as far as to sleep in the guest room. To her disappointment, he hadn't tried to speak to her either. She was upset that he hadn't even bothered to ask her if she was okay.

She had a purple-ish bruise from where she had been slapped, which was slowly but surely fading. But the cut seems to have been deeper than she thought and has been sensitive ever since that day.

Dante and Beatrix had come to visit her explaining how they don't know how or why Adriana is still walking around alive. Dante had tried asking Luca but Luca shows no sign of speaking about the matter himself.

Beatrix and Dante were also angry at Luca for hurting Celeste. Beatrix stopped talking to Luca as she was hurt herself by his actions towards Celeste. Dante couldn't give him the silent treatment because he needed to know why Adriana was still living and breathing.

Celeste heard a knock on her door, "Yes? Come in." She said without looking up from her book. It was usually Dante or Beatrix who would come visit her.

"CELESTEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!" It was Asha.

Celeste jumped off her seat and ran to hug Asha. They haven't seen each other in quiet a while. It's been too long.

"I've missed you so much." Celeste's smile took over her whole face. She saw Asha examining her face, "Oh, this is-"

Asha cut her off, "I know, I know. Dante told me." Asha traced her finger over the wounded cheek, "And here, I finally thought I would stop worrying about you. You two seemed to have been hitting it off well."

Asha sighed in frustration, "AHHHHHH, WHY IS HE SO BIPOLAR???" And then Asha said something that wasn't even part of Celeste's thoughts, "You need a divorce. You can't be in this relationship. This is abusive, Celestina. You need to leave him."

"I can't... You don't understand, he won't leave me until the deal goes through." Celeste said.

"Screw the deal!! We can take this to court, we have enough proof. Please, Celeste, I can't see you like this." Asha was practically begging. It was true, seeing her best friend like this was killing her, she wanted Celeste out of this toxic relationship.

"I can't... Asha, I can't..." Celeste was about to breakdown. That's when it hit Asha, "Celestina... Are, are you in love with him?"

Celestina didn't say anything and that was all Asha needed as an answer, "I'm going to get you out of this shit hole, I will." Asha whispered more to herself than Celeste as she hugged her.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Celeste was making Asha pasta, "So he hasn't been home?"

"No, ever since that day, he hasn't been home. I mean he has, but he leaves before I wake up and come home after I go to bed." Celeste said.

"Huh... Probably cuz' his bitch-ass is too embarrassed..." Asha said biting into an apple.

Dante came from behind and hugged Asha from the back, "Sooo... you didn't tell me you were coming to visit..."

Asha panicked and elbowed Dante in the chest, Celeste raised her eyebrows. "You guys think I'm stupid? I know y'all are dating."

"See? I told you no point in hiding it." Dante said as he took a seat beside Asha.

"I-I'm sorry. I was going to break the news when I came to visit, a.k.a today. But because of your situation, I thought my news could wait." She sighed, "Okay let me do this properly. Pretend you didn't know we were dating."