We Meet Again

WARNING: PLEASE BRING A TISSUE WITH YOU. THIS PART WILL MAKE YOU CRY. 

PROLOUGE

“I’m sorry, but you need to let go…” I said holding back the tears to look tough. “But why Annabeth? Tell me why? Is there a guy? Better than me? Huh? Tell me!” He was already tearing up.

I can’t help it, I just wanted to hug him and take all of the words I said back, but it’s too late. “No! There’s no other guy! I won’t cheat on you, you idiot! But we need to break up. I found a job on Los Angeles and I need to work there.” I said coldly.

“L-Los Angeles? H-how?” He said his voice cracking. We were at the beach, where we always had our happy moments and sweet scenes, but now. It wasn’t, it was different.

“I can’t okay?! We need to break up! If we do a long distance relationship, it won’t work! You’ll find a new girl and date her anyways!” I said walking away from him.

He grabs my hand and I was letting it go. “No! I won’t find a new girl! You know why? Because she’s already in front of me! Annabeth, I love you and I won’t let go until you say that you love me back. Look directly to my eyes and say it.” He said.

Now my tears were really dropping, they were oozing out of my eyes. Stupid tears! You just can’t help it can’t you? I let go of his grip and looked at him dead in the eye.

“I don’t love you anymore Percy, I don’t” I said with a sharp tone in my voice and left him there. Every step that I was taking felt that I would break down any moment, feeling this hurt in my gut and the aching of my heart, hearing my heart shattering into pieces.

 He broke down and tears rolling down his beautiful eyes, I glanced back and he was walking away. I looked away and ran towards my cabin,

I opened the door and burst out into sobs and tears. Thinking ‘what have I done?’ being the daughter of Athena, I was perfectly sure that, that wasn’t the great decision that I ever made.