Chapter 1

MOANA'S POV

I stumbled out of the taxi, hauling my bags behind me, continuously brushing my curly hair behind my ear until I finally tied it up. In front of me was a large building: the Walt E. Disney High dorms, my new home. I took a deep breath and walked through the doors, up to the front desk. Behind it was a woman with stiff grey hair and a stuffy maroon dress, a sour look on her face. She glared up at me and said, "Name?"

"I am Moana," I told her nervously. She looked through her computer and papers.

"Here, you're room 443. You have showers on your floor and you have 3 other roommates. The dining hall is on the first floor, you can find it on the map. Breakfast is at 7 am and dinner is at 6:30 pm. All the rules are on this paper." She handed me a paper with a map, my room, and rules on it.

"Thank you!" I said, taking the paper. I headed towards the elevators and waited for one to arrive.

"Hi!" someone said from behind me. I turned and saw a girl with cherry red hair looking at me with bright blue eyes.

"Hi," I responded, blushing for some reason.

"I'm Ariel," she told me, extending her hand. I shook it.

"Moana. I'm new here."

We entered an elevator right after she said excitedly, "You're Moana! I have been so excited to meet you! Oh, I cant wait to introduce you to my friends. Do you know what dorm you're in?" We began upwards.

"It says here room 443-"

"Oh my gosh! That's my room too! We have two more roommates, Anna and Rapunzel. They're my good friends. Here, let me help you with that," she said kindly after I staggered out of the elevator, weighed down by my bags. She took almost all of them, with protest from me, leaving me with just my backpack.

As we walked down the halls, she said, "I love your necklace. And your sunglasses! I really need new, cute sunglasses. We should go together and you can pick out some cute sunglasses for me!"

"Oh, thanks!" I said, feeling my face heat up to tomato red, hoping that she couldn't tell. "My necklace is from my grandma. It's supposed to be from a Polynesian legend, the heart of the Mother Island."

"That is so cool."

"I like your... fork," I said, looking at her miniature fork stuck in the base of her bright red ponytail.

"Thank you! I mean, I know what forks are used for now, but I think it gives a nice little flair!" I giggled.

We reached our room and opened it with her key. "Welcome to your new home!"    

ARIEL'S POV

"Girls! Moana is here!" I called through the door.

"Who the heck is Moana?" a bright voice yelled from inside the room.

"Our last roommate!"

"Oh my gosh!" two voices shrieked. Anna and Rapunzel barreled towards us from two different directions. "Hi!" they both said excitedly to Moana.

"Hi," Moana responded shyly, giving a small wave.

"I'm Rapunzel-"

"Woah, you have a lot of hair," she commented, eyes wide. Rapunzel had calf-length golden hair, something that is always a slight difficulty.

"Yeah," Rapunzel said sheepishly, running her hands through it. "My mom never lets me cut it. But your hair is so curly! I wish I had curly hair, but it takes a really long time to curl..."