Chapter 35

ELSA

In homeroom on Monday, during the morning announcements, Fairy Godmother said, "And would Miss Elsa Arendelle please come to  the main office? The main office, Miss Elsa Arendelle."

My breath caught. I mean, I knew it was going to happen eventually, but the staring eyes were already too much for me. The moment I had stepped into the school that morning, everyone had their eyes glued to me, the girl whose magic ice powers malfunctioned in the talent show. I was feeling crushed, my lungs were contracting on themselves. When Fairy Godmother said my name, the whole classroom turned around to stare at me even more, and I shakily stood up.

Walking quickly out of the classroom, I tried to shrink myself. My feet clacked down the empty hall. Then, I passed Nick Wilde, who winked at me and I rolled my eyes. Skipping class. I was sure Judy didn't know, because she would be crushed.

Keeping my head down, I turned the corner but suddenly rammed into a muscular chest. I gasped and fell back to the floor. Glancing up, I recognized Hans. "I'm so sorry!' he said apologetically. He held out a hand. I hesitated. I didn't want to hurt him again. "Elsa?"

I took his hand and he helped me up gently. "Are you okay?" we both asked at the same time.

I blushed and looked down. "Yeah, thanks," I said bashfully.

Hans laughed. "I'm great. I just got out of the nurse's office, and he says I'm all good to go. Really, Elsa, I'm fine," he said, looking at me sincerely. I looked up at him.

Snapping back quickly, I said, "Oh, good. That's great. I am really sorry."

"It's fine. Hey, where are you off to?" he asked, as I began walking towards the office again.

"Um, I was called to the main office. They're probably going to suspend me," I said sadly, hugging my elbows.

"No they won't. Hey, mind if I walk you there?" he asked kindly, putting his hands in his pockets.

I stopped, staring up at him. "Don't you have class?"

He looked around sneakily, making me laugh. Pulling me low, he said, "Between you and me, I am still in the nurse's office."

I giggled, but then stopped myself. What was I doing? I had a boyfriend. Just a week ago, Hans was practically stalking me.

We began walking. "So," he said. "How's it between you and Jack?"

There it was. I sighed and looked away. "Honestly, it's...a little rough right now. I don't really know what's going on, but there's a lot happening now and I'm...I'm sure we'll sort it out," I confessed nervously, staring blatantly away from him.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I'm sure it will get better," he said consolingly. 

"Thanks."

There was a pause, and I was filled with nerves. What was I supposed to say?

Hans then continued. "And, for the record, before the whole...head hitting thing, your magic was incredible."

I looked back up at him, starting to smile. "Really?" He nodded. "Thank you."

We arrived at the door of the main office and both stopped. I anxiously turned to him, nervously swinging my arms. "So...this is my stop," I said awkwardly, pointing to the office door.

"Yeah, I guess. See you in class?" he replied hopefully. I nodded, bid him goodbye, and shakily opened the door.

Minnie looked up from her computer, her face splitting into a sweet smile. "Hi, Elsa," she said. "You can go right on in to Mickey's office."