Chapter 22

JASMINE

I skipped down the hall to lunch with a happy smile on my face. Ever since that dreamy night at the pool with Aladdin, we had been stealing little kisses in private, giggling at our big secret. I knew it was wrong to be the "side chick" of Aladdin when he was still technically dating Tiger. I felt bad, because she's my friend. But also, I kind of didn't. I had never felt as magical and adventurous as I did with him.

It had only been a couple days since we had that stolen night in the pool, and in between Mulan had gotten hurt and Ariel had supposedly gotten kidnapped. Although I was worried and hurt for them, it all seemed small when I was with Aladdin. Nothing else mattered.

Speaking of, I spied Aladdin striding down the hall, coming towards me with that adorable grin. "Hey," I said quietly, intending to nonchalantly act as if nothing was happening between us. Clearly, he had the opposite idea.

He grabbed my waist and spun me around, causing a small yelp to erupt from my mouth as he dipped me and kissed me. I smiled once he broke away and looked into his chocolate brown eyes as he whipped me back up.

"What was that?" I asked, warily checking my surroundings to see if anyone was near. So far, so good. However, my body was still pressed to his, and someone could walk around the corner at any moment. A rush of adrenaline ran through my body.

"What, I can't kiss the most beautiful woman in the world?" Aladdin asked smoothly, smirking. I hit his shoulder while grinning, pushing myself away from him.

"What if someone sees us?" I asked in an urgent, hushed tone. "You're still dating Tiger."

"Yeah, well, I was going to break up with her after school," Aladdin told me with a smug look.

"Really?" I cried, gasping and throwing my arms around his neck. He laughed until I released him, but with my eyebrow lifted. "Wait...don't hurt her. She's my friend. And we probably should wait to go public until a while after."

Aladdin groaned. "Ugh, I don't wanna. I want to show you off to the world!" He spin me around.

I laughed, my face heating up. I patted his cheek. "Just you wait."

"You know what? The sooner I break up with Tiger, the sooner I get to be with you! I'll go do it right now!" And with that, he dashed off to the cafeteria.

"Don't hurt her!" I shouted after him, but smiling to myself afterward.

•••

After school, I walked up to Mulan's dorm with Nani and Esmeralda. Mulan left school at lunchtime now, and today everyone was going to her dorm to talk and help her with homework, since she couldn't go anywhere. We arrived, and eventually the small dorm room was filled with Mulan, Poca, Kida, me, Esme, Nani, Judy, Tiger, Meg, and Merida. We sat wherever we could, which included desks, chairs, beds, and the floor.

"Mulan, I hear that Giselle has been walking you home?" Meg asked with a smirk, raising her eyebrow at her friend. Mulan blushed.

"Yeah. She's super sweet and helps me with all my homework and sends me the notes I missed."

"Awwww," some of us cooed. "Is she still dating Edward?" Nani asked. Mulan's face fell.

"Yeah. I don't know what to do about that."

"It'll work out," I said. "Just don't make her cheat on him, you know? It could...um...really mess up her mind." I had suddenly grown warm, and I looked down. It was exactly what I had been doing with Aladdin.

"Um, anyway," I said uncomfortably, "I was thinking of passing around flyers for my Halloween party? What do you think?" I had been planning a huge party at my father's mansion for Halloween, and I was practically inviting the whole school.