Chapter 3

RAPUNZEL'S POV

I woke up to the sun barely peaking out from behind the horizon. I smiled at it and looked at the clock. It read 5:59 am. We had one minute until the alarm went off. I snuck out of bed and grabbed my pillow. I waited, standing mischievously over Anna's bed until – BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! As soon as the phone rang off and Anna began to stir, WHAM! I slammed the pillow onto her face.

She screeched, her mouth muffled. "Wake up!" I yelled continuously, hitting her with my pillow and waking everybody else up. "First day of school! Come on guys, it's the first day of school! We have to go!"

Anna threw the pillow off her and looked at me with a playful angry face. I giggled at her huge, tangled afro of red hair and the line of drool down her chin.

In the bed across from hers, Ariel sat up, yawning and stretching. Moana had put a pillow to her face and was groaning. "Is this the wakeup time every day?" she whined into the pillow.

"Sadly," Anna replied sleepily. Her hand was supporting her face, her elbow resting on her knee. She began to drift off, so I pushed her. "Ahhh!" She tumbled off the bed, a tangle of blankets and sheets. We all laughed loudly, but then one by one we got out of bed and began to get ready.

Anna and Ariel headed to the showers, Moana and I staying behind, having showered last night. I took some clothes, namely a white off the shoulder crop top and lilac long skirt, into the bathroom. I never usually wore skirts that often, but the first day of school called for impressive outfits. I heard Moana from the other room ask, "Is there a dress code, Rapunzel?"

"Not really. There is one, but no one follows it. You can wear whatever you want," I replied, changing.

"Great. Thank you!" I put on a little makeup and took my hair down from my bun (I wore them at night so that I didn't strangle myself) and made it look presentable. I added a white flower crown.

Moana and I switched, and while I was packing up my bag Ariel and Anna came back.

"I am so excited for our first day!" Anna squealed. She was pulling on a matching pink top and skirt set and then putting her hair into a fancy bun while I looked over my schedule again, making sure I knew how to get to each class.

"Now Anna, don't go around schmoozing every boy you see, take it slow, okay? You just healed and we don't want you getting hurt, okay?" Ariel warned. She had put on a pair of green shorts, a purple crop top, and her hair was curled. Anna rolled her eyes.

Once we were all finished, we went down to the dining hall for breakfast. I took two muffins and some apple juice, rejoining my friends at the table. Belle and Jane had joined us. "So, I think I'm going to ask Tarzan out today," Jane announced to us excitedly.

We responded supportively, congratulating her. All of a sudden, someone in an all pink outfit plopped down next to me. I looked over and saw Charlotte La Bouff.

"Hey ladies!" she greeted cheerily. She gave me a loud kiss on the cheek but then wiped off the pink lipstick for me. She blew everyone else kisses. "So, any juicy summer details?" she asked.

"We got a puppy! I named him Olaf," Anna responded joyfully. We all cooed while she showed us pictures of the white dog.

"Any summer romance?" Lottie asked, digging into her pancakes.

We all made murmured responses of no, until Jane chimed, "Well I'm going to ask Tarzan out today!"

I thought I saw Charlotte's bright eyes and smile falter, but they returned after she said, "That's great, sugar! I'm happy for you!" We all gossiped and ate until about 7:30, and we all left the dorm building to start our first day of school.