Chapter Six: Emma Scott

A lot happens in this chapter

_____

Chapter Six: Emma Scott

I push myself out of bed for the third time tonight and wander to the bathroom to pee. My belly is swollen now, and it's unmistakable. I'm twenty one weeks and three days, and I have yet to feel the twins move. I know it should be any day now, ad I'm anxious because usually I should feel it between eighteen and twenty weeks.

I have sweat literally dripping down my back. When I finish in the bathroom, I wash my hands, splash cold water on my face, and walk back into the bedroom. Zane is sleeping soundly, and I grumble under my breath about his luck and slip out of the bedroom. I go to the thermostat and study it, blinking repeatedly because I don't have my glasses on or contacts in. It's April and it's like forty degrees outside.

I shut off the heat and walk around the house to open all the windows, letting the freezing air inside.

Thank god.

I get a glass of water and take a sip, and then I walk down the hall to Zane and I's bedroom. I stumble on air and the glass falls from my hand and shatters on the floor, splattering water into the carpet, along with glass. Zane sits up quickly and turns on the side table lamp, his face sexy with sleep.

"What happened? Are you okay? Why are you awake?"

"I had to pee and then I got water." I mutter. I look at the glass around me. He sighs and pushes himself out of bed. He puts his slides on and picks me up carefully, setting me on the bed.

He comes back with the trash can to the kitchen, paper towels, and the vacuum.

"Why are all of the windows open?" He asks.

I yawn.

"Because it's hot."

"Rosie, it's forty degrees outside."

"And it's three hundred degrees in here."

"But-"

"Zane, I'm sweating." I sigh. "And I've woken up three times tonight already, and it's only two."

"Alright." He gives in.

I watch as he cleans the glass and every time I get up to help him, he just points to the bed.

"You need to sleep." He murmurs.

"I can't get comfortable." I explain, rubbing my heart where the heartburn is.

"I know baby girl. I'm going to get that maternity pillow tomorrow." He says. "The doctor said you can take Benadryl."

"I know."

"You should take some."

"I don't want to."

"Why?"

"What if it knocks Liam and Logan out?"

"I don't think it will." He says.

We found out two weeks ago that we're having boys. Zane is ecstatic and he said everything is going according to his plan. He's so dramatic.

He finishes cleaning up the glass and then vacuums and then walks over the spot to make sure there's no glass left, and then he takes everything and walks out. I hear a door slam somewhere in the house, and a few minutes later he comes back with more water in a plastic cup with a lid. I take a big gulp of the ice water and set it down on the side table.