Chapter Fifteen: Talk

I'm anxiously cradling Liam to my chest, my forehead creased in concern as he cries.

"He's probably teething." Mom says calmly, walking over to me.

Logan is lying in Vanessa's arms chewing on his hand.

"I don't know what to do. The doctor said I can give him Tylenol but he's only two months old."

"Just don't give him a lot." Madison says. "You have baby Tylenol, right?"

"Yes." I point to the diaper bag. She digs through it and gives me the right dosage, and I give Logan the medicine.

He takes. It and then screams louder. I pick him up and bounce him lightly.

We're into the middle of the month of October now and the twins are teething. Logan is screaming and Liam is biting things and he screams too and normally when he's not screaming, Logan is, and when Logan stops Liam will start. Zane and I are hardly sleeping but I feel like I'm about to have an emotional breakdown.

Zane is in the basement with the guys and I'm upstairs with the girls, and Zane went down there when they were sleeping and I'm trying my best to leave him alone because he's working so hard to make sure I get enough sleep and he picks up the slack when I'm with my trainer.

He deserves to have some time.

Liam starts crying then, and I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do.

"I'm going to get Alexander." Madison says.

I open my mouth to argue but she's already walking off.

I pick Liam up from Vanessa and he keeps crying and I hold two ten week old babies as they scream their heads off.

My eyes fill with tears and I feel like I'm about to explode.

"What can I do?" Alice asks.

"I don't know." I say. "Oh my gosh, please stop crying. Please." I beg.

"Rose? Why didn't you come get me?" Zane asks. I turn around, and he looks worried. "You're not a single mother." He reminds me.

"You always pick up the slack." I say. "And you were downstairs."

He takes both of them from my arms.

"You need to go calm down." He says.

"No, I'm fine." I lie.

"Rose, you're about to cry. You need to go relax."

"No." I say stubbornly.

He shifts them both in his arms, and their cries fall silent. He pops pacifiers in each of their mouths and sighs quietly.

"How did you do that?" I ask.

He just shrugs, looking down at Liam and Logan.

I feel bad. How did he get them to stop and I couldn't?