The First Encounter

For years, my heart hasn't soften even a little bit.I don't know the reason why but I guess I'm just cold and distant.

Opening up to anyone isn't really my thing. It's like I have this trust issue.

Sad as it sounds, but the only person I hang out with is my sister.

"Hyeonrin-unnie, you should totally make friends. It sicks me to see you all this cold and rude to the people who wants to be friends with you." My dear YOUNGER sister, Minran, told me.

Take note. YOUNGER!

As she grows older, she starts to sound like our mother. Damn.

Anyway, she has a point.

Someday, my sister and I would be separated because of our works and busy life yet I have no one else to be with cause you know--I like to be cold and distant to people.

Welp, guess it's time to change.

"I guess I can try to be friends with people...? " I said as a small smile forms in Minran's lips.

"Finally!! Hmm, you know, I think you should try being friends with that boy." My sister said as she pointed out a person.

OH NO..

It's Park Jihoon..

The guy who has the money, the handsomeness, and most of all the charms but behind all these features lies a personality which is the same as mine...

Coldness

Yeah. He's a cold guy too and he hangs out with this small-headed, good-looking guy named, Bae Jinyoung.

This friend of his is quite different from him. He's more... Jolly and positive.

He has the looks and the attitude at the same time so he's a candidate for the school's heartthrob.

Anyways, back to that Jihoon guy..

He and I were teased by our classmates since then because we're both cold and rude.

I don't like their idea of shipping me with this guy. Me? With him? A handsome, cold guy?

NEVER!

"I'd rather be friends with his best friend than him." I scoffed.

"It wouldn't hurt to go and try to talk to him..." My sister said as she pouted.

"No" I scoffed.

"Just try to talk to him." She said as she pushed me towards Jihoon, which caused me to bump into his chest.

He immediately look down to face me.

I'M SHORT, OKAY?!

"What the heck?! What do you want?!" He said as he stared at my eyes coldly.

"I don't want anything. And for your information..." I trailed off as I crossed my arms.

"I don't want to be involved with anything that relates to you. NEVER!" I shot back with an icy glare.

I may be a girl but I am strong too you know!?

"Then why'd you bump into me?" He said while leaning closer, giving me a cold glare.

"It wasn't my intention to bump into you in the first place. I was just pushed by my sister accidentally because we're messing with each other." I answered back.

"I don't care about you and your sister messing around,  I just want you to apologize." He said with a death glare which didn't affect me at all.

APOLOGIZE?!

FOR WHAT?!

"There's nothing to be sorry about because everything that happened was just an accident!" I shot back angrily as I clenched my fist.

"Oh. So you want to fight me?" He said angrily with his voice raising a little bit.

"Fight me if you can bro, but I'm sure you can't hit a girl." I said a little more calmly with a smirk plastered in my face.

"Aish!" He screamed in annoyance as he punched the wall beside me.

"What's the commotion here in the hallway?!" Our disciplinary teacher asked.

The students immediately pointed at us.

"Both of you, detention for 2 hours. Understood?!" Our teacher said which made me nod and walk back to my sister.

"Hyeonrin-unnie, Mianhe." my sister pleaded.

Even though I'm a cold person, I still have a heart which only cares for my family.

"It's okay Minran-ah, just go to your class. Unnie's going to be okay." I smiled to my sister as I hugged her before she went to her class.

It wasn't her fault, it was just an accident. But thanks to her, I was finally able to pour out my rage and anger towards the boy.

---

As I was walking towards my classroom, I heard some murmuring ...

"Hey, did you know that the Hyeonrin girl picked up a fight with the "Ice King"?!"

"Yeah, it's like the "Ice Queen" and the "Ice King" had an LQ."

"What's LQ?"

Lovers Quarrel pabo!

I mean who doesn't know that?! Like, it's so obvious that Jihoon and I fought and--WAIT WHAT?!

WE AREN'T A EVEN COUPLE -_-

I'm sick of this things they spread about me and Jihoon being together.

Jihoon's POV

That Hyeonrin has the nerves to fight with me huh... I thought as I want to punch that pretty little face of hers.

Wait. PRETTY?  -_-

Ugh. Whatever. Anyways, that girl has the guts to fight me.

"That girl... She was so..." Jinyoung spoke up, but I immediately cut him off.

"Rude" I added with a hint of coldness and rage.

"No, she is a fighter..." Jinyoung said as he smiled.

"Fighter?! Hmpph.." I scoffed.

"Yeah. She was brave enough to face you bro. Like, that was the very first time that the "Ice Queen" and the "Ice King" encountered in a very negative manner."

"Yeah. I had an intense battle there, but I managed." I said with no expression at all.

"Come on, let's go home." I said without looking back at Jinyoung.

"OKAY!" Jinyoung said.

"But I think you won't be able to manage the incoming battle that you'll have someday." Jinyoung muttered, but I wasn't able to hear it so I just shrugged it off.