In Your Eyes

Hyeonrin's POV

"I think I already have a crush on you" he said to me.

"I... Jihoon b-but we're bestfriends.. h-how... w-why me?" I stuttered as he hugged me while we continued to dance.

"I don't know Hyeonrin b-but it's you... I just like you for who you are... Is it a crime?" He looked at me with teary eyes.

I tried to read his eyes and they were full of seriousness.

"N-no..." I sighed.

My mind is so mixed up right now...

"Look, Hyeonrin. Just... don't think about it much... okay? Let's just dance, okay?" He sighed as I just looked at his eyes while we were dancing and they were hurting.

"Jihoon..." I trailed off as I saw his tears falling endlessly.

I don't know why, but my heart just broke into a million pieces when I saw him cry.

I immediately had the urge to wipe the tears from his eyes.

"Hyeonrin-ah" He stopped my hands and held it.

"Y-yeah?" I stuttered.

"Just promise me that after this, we will still be bestfriends. Promise me." He pleaded.

"O-of course. B-but Jihoon..." I said.

"Y-yes?" He said while his tears stopped from dropping.

"I-I don't need to forget what just happened." I gave him a small smile.

"Why?" He asked.

"B-because I-I can t-try to like you back to since we'll still be marrying each other." I gave him a slight eyesmile.

I gave him a chance.

I don't want him to frown and be awkward when we're together in the future.

Maybe...

If I won't reject him...

Maybe...

I would learn to like him.

Or he and I could learn to love each other.

"Thank you Hyeonnie! I promise that I'll change you just like the way you changed me." His eyes brightened up again.

When he smiled at me I felt that my heart was happy as well.

I guess I can try to like him back...

And we don't need to have divorce anymore.

---

Jinyoung's POV

"Do you think Jihoon-oppa confessed to unnie already?" Minran asked as we both danced in the dance floor.

"U-uh yeah. I guess. Yeah." I said.

I have been out of focus since Minran was too close to me.

It was normal for her but for me ... it wasn't.

Well, duh. What would you feel if you're dancing with your crush and your faces are just a few centimeters away from each other???

Of course, you can't concentrate.

Aishh...

"Hey! Baejin-oppa, what's wrong with you?" Minran looked at me with worried eyes.

"I-it's just that... you." I stopped.

"What? Me? What's with me?" She asked with a confused expression.

"You make me fall for you each day..." I whispered to her.

"W-WHAT?!" She whisper-shouted as her face became red.

"Look. I had a crush on you since the first time we met... remember the day that you slapped me like a penguin... I thought that it was normal to say cute to what a certain person does but actually, it isn't... since I only felt it with you." I looked at her beautiful eyes.

"Also, when I said that I protected you from Minji because I love you... It's true. Oh. Wait. I think you don't know that since you went to the clinic... silly me." I scratched my head and gave her an eyesmile but she just stared at me with a confused expression.

"Even you staring at me with confused eyes is still cute." I said as I pinched her chubby cheeks.

"B-but... Oppa, I thought it was all an act... you know... because Jihoon-oppa and you cared for unnie and I." She spoke up.

"It isn't an act Minran.." I look into her eyes deeply so she would know that I was true about it.

"B-but you know that I'm younger than you right? My classmates and the other upper classmen will hate me. Your fangirls. And everyone." She sighed.

"It's not that I'm rejecting you oppa, it's just that... I'm still young for this. I think I can't handle all of this. I like you too but you deserve someone better than me." Tears formed in her eyes.

"Baejin-sunbaenim... I'm sorry, but I think we should just be bestfriends for now." She said and immediately ran away.

My heart broke.

I think it just exploded.

Because of heartbreak.

B-but I don't want to gibe up on her just yet...

I'll wait for her...

Until she is ready.

Because I love her.

----

Hyeonrin's POV

"So I guess Jihoon did a great job on confessing to you. Congrats mate." Baejin said to us as we lookdd at him with a worried face.

"Why do you look like you've been wrecked?!" Jihoon asked as Jinyoung sighed and sobbed.

"Wait. Why. What's wrong?!" I asked Baejin with a worried expression.

Of course, my bestfriend's crying. I need to help him since that's what bestfriends are for.

"Oh. It's nothing. I mean Minran just rejected me...hahaha. but I'll wait for the right time when she and I can be together." He sobbed.

"Jihoon, take care of Baejin... I'll look for Minran." I said to Jihoon as he just nodded his head in understanding.

--

"Minran?" I called out.

As I was walking towards the girls C.R. , I heard some faint sobs.

"Minran!! I finally found you." I exclaimed as I saw her eyes were all red from the crying.

"Unnie!!" She cried in my arms.

"Shhh. It's fine now" I patted her head since she was kinda shorter than me.

"Is it a good choice that I rejected Baejin-oppa?" She asked me while she wiped her tears.

"Yeah. Since you know what's best for you. You know that you should study first right?" She gave me a small smile and nodded.

"So shall we go back in there? The prom's almost done." I smiled at her as she said a cheerful okay.

"By the way, how about Jihoon and you??" She gleamed.

"Uhmm... I didn't reject him but instead I made him help me to change myself. To be a better Hyeonrin" I smiled.

"You seems so happy about it... anyways, congrats to the both of you." Minran sighed.

"I think Baejin and you will still be a couple in the future, so don't worry" I smiled at her.

"If he won't move on from me..."