'Rescue Mission'

Part 4Miss Gibbons' House

Part 4
Miss Gibbons' House

Alaric knocks on the door. Frederick answers it.

"Oh, good, someone's home. Uh, could I use your phone? My car broke down a few miles up the road. This was the first house I saw."

Frederick smirks. "Well, lucky you."

Alaric huffs. "Yeah. Lucky me. It's no trouble, is it?"

Frederick shakes his head, the smirk never leaving his face. "Not in the slightest."

"Great. Whew." Alaric enters the house. "Hey, man, I really appreciate it. It's rough out there."

"Billy, show our visitor where the phone is in the kitchen. And get me something to drink."

"Yeah. Sure thing." Bill leads Alaric into the kitchen. "Hey, Miss Gibbons, this guy wants to use your phone."

"Oh, sure, honey. It's right there."

"Thanks." Alaric walks towards the phone, Billy comes at him with a stake. Alaric is too quick for him and grabs the stake and stabs him with it.

"Aah!"

Alaric turns on the faucet and starts the blender to create noise.

Miss Gibbons looks to Alaric confused. "What's happening?"

"I'm really sorry. But you're gonna need to invite a friend of mine inside." Alaric leads Miss Gibbons the front door and opens it, Damon is standing outside.

"Oh, I'm sorry. He's not allowed in the house."

"I know that. But you've gotta make an exception."

Damon scoffs angrily. "Get her out of the house. Now! Miss Gibbons, tell me the truth. Are you married?"

"No."

"Parents, children, anyone else who lives on this property?"

"No. It's just me."

"No? Good." Damon breaks her neck and promptly enters the house.

Alaric glares towards the vampire. "You were supposed to compel her."

"It doesn't work that way..."

"She is human."