part II

his smooth voice made its way over the ear-splitting music, and i offered him a smile as he patted the spot next to him. "hey, i'm laralyn. you can just call me lara though." i explained.

he nodded softly, biting his lip as jessie steered her way over to braid boy. that was going to be his appointed name until i found out his actual name. "well lara, this is christian." he said, directing to the golden haired boy.

christian grinned over at me, waving his hand. "pleasure to meet ya, sweetness." he said, donating a friendly wink to me. clinton rolled his eyes gently before gesturing over at braid boy.

"that creature is mitchel. he's also my brother." he explained, and i nodded as he spoke. "ohh, so y'all are having a sibling party night out on the town?" i giggled.

"well actually, it's kinda weird you didn't already know us." christian interposed before his eyes went back down to his drink and i squinted, taken aback. "how exactly would i already know three random dudes?"

clinton groaned gently. "christian here must have the hugest ego in the room." christian playfully slapped clinton and took a swig of his drink before setting his drink down and shaking his head.

"nooo, it's just cause her friend what's-her-name already knew us. you think she would know us too." he shrugged, raising an eyebrow to emphasize the weirdness of the situation.

"well, jessie hasn't mentioned having friends with any of your names so that's kinda weird." i presumed, confusion clouding my brain as i glanced through my memory, trying to think of any time where jessie mentioned these guys as her companions.

i scanned jessie, seeing her scoot onto braid boy, i mean mitchel's lap. he sighed softly and meddled with his braid before he looked up and made intense eye contact with me, instantly taking me back.

clinton meandered an arm around my waist and smiled over at me. "well, we're kinda in a band. she knew the band i guess. guess it's weird you didn't know our band if she did."

his words went straight through and didn't register with me as i was still caught in mitchel's intense stare as he seemed to be assertive in the most hot way.

i faintly swallowed and turned back to clinton as jessie snickered something in mitchel's ear, still moving around to get "situated" on his lap. i bobbed my head up and down, finally acknowledging clinton.

"oh she mentioned something about some bands being here. what's the name, i might've already heard of you guys?" i said, raising an eyebrow and trying to focus on the exchange with clinton, who clearly seem involved in it.

i couldn't help but sneak glances at jessie and the boy though, her fervent advances seeming to look like it was pissing him off. clinton broke my thought process as he said "chase atlantic."

i now remembered jessie saying something about this band before we walked in, and it registered this was apparently a 'cool band' to her. i turned to clinton and smiled warmly.

"i actually have heard of you guys. about 45 minutes ago for the first time, but jessie did mention you guys. that's super cool we're meeting then." i remarked, as he pulled me slightly closer and smoothed a piece of hair from my face.

mitchel scorned from across the booth and careened jessie off of his lap finally. "christian lets go get another drink." he said, widening his eyes to send a message to christian, who of course consented and bounced up, following mitchel and leaving jessie solo as clinton cuddled up to me.

clinton wasn't paying attention to the situation, as it seemed he was only focused on me. i legitimately wasn't used to this. jessie eternally got the guys. it made no sense how clinton was into me and no guys were making apparent advances on her.

clinton and i made more small talk about his band and other things for a few more moments as we swallowed drinks to our hearts content. i felt bad for jessie but damn, this felt special.

i didn't feel like the despicable third wheel equated to her anymore and i just didn't want to collapse this weird luck i was having. clinton was sweet and apparently he was kinda well known which made it ten times cooler that this was even happening.

as i was running all of this through my reasoning, he leaned in slowly, taking a hold of my chin and softly ghosting his lips over mine for a second, increasing the kiss for a millisecond before pulling back and grinning shyly.

i also giggled as it was a sweet action, but the moment was quickly ruined as a sharp bang was heard. i turned suddenly to look at mitchel standing by the entrance to the booth, liquor coating him as glass shards cluttered the floor.

"that was a dumbass accident." he ridiculed himself, attempting to laugh it off but his eyes told a distinctly different story as he scowled over at clinton. i scanned the disturbance as christian looked shocked and then looked over at clinton and i.

clinton didn't notice anything out of the expected but mitchel's rigidity seemed to be off the roof and i'm not sure if clinton and him had gotten into a quarrel beforehand but he seemed seriously bothered.

at that moment, i noticed jessie's disappearance.

fuck.

_________

hey guys i hope the story isn't too terrible at the moment and y'all are slightly interested. it's definitely gonna pick up soon in the next few chapters so y'all wait it out pleaseeee. anyway oo why in the hell did mitchel drop his drink like that wtf? and omg clinton and laralyn kissed ?? #clintalyn ?? please vote this chapter up and leave a comment on what you think!! what do y'all think is gonna happen next??