part XVIII

i detested this. i honestly despised hanging out over here. i shook my head, silently cursing mitchel out for making me come over. i know i can't avoid clinton forever, particularly cause i was dating his brother, but it wouldn't be nice to at least pretend?

i roamed into the house and saw mitch lounging on the couch. christian was on a separate recliner, his eyes glued to the television as he was playing call of duty.

"hey babyyyyy." mitch said, giving me a goofy grin. kras glanced up for a second to give me a nod, obviously not wanting to mess up on his game. "hey christian." i said, sitting on the couch and leaning into mitchel.

"and hello to you handsome." i laughed, putting my hand underneath his chin to bring him down to my level where i gently kissed him. kras of course made gagging noises.

i wholeheartedly believed his favorite past time was to rag on us. "kras, you better hurry up and finish this game. you have like an hour before you go on that date with alexa." mitchel lectured, breaking christian out of his trance.

he looked over at him. "oh yeah, i actually almost forgot. she would kill me if i didn't show cause i was playing call of duty." i snickered at his words. he seriously barely mentioned alexa but it seemed like he treasured her a lot.

i was cuddling up to mitch, as i felt him rubbing my back gently while we watched christian finish up his game. as i was starting to loosen up in his arms, his phone went off.

it totally broke the mood and mitch made an intensely annoyed huffing sound. "i'll be back soon. it's my manager, michael." he grumbled, pulling himself out from underneath me and walking into the other room.

which just left me and christian. he had just finished his game and was now sitting and staring at the controller. "christian?" i said, looking at him. he glanced up at me. "yeah?"

i bit my lip. "why do you never bring alexa around me? i mean i've never met her and mitch and i have been dating for a little while now."

christian peered up at the ceiling, seeming a little antsy. "well, it's not a personal thing laralyn. i haven't actually brought her around any of you guys."

my jaw dropped. so he hadn't even brought her around mitch or clinton? "and why is that?" i pushed further into the subject matter. he breathed out and looked at me.

"do you promise not to tell anyone? even mitchel?" i nodded my head swiftly. "yeah, of course kras." he looked away and groaned lowly. "i'm really scared that one of the guys is gonna try to take her. i mean they're very weird about girlfriends. mitch never has girlfriends and he makes fun of me for having alexa, which is so dumb cause he's dating you. clinton is just about the same, but he's become overboard with the whole groupie thing. he's fucking girls every night and multiple ones every night too. he seems really desperate for companionship and ever since mitchel broke our rule by dating you, all bets are off. i'm not saying mitch would cheat on you or anything, but i'm saying there's not technically an established rule anymore that they can't try something with her."

i slowly nodded my head. i hadn't realized what mitchel and i's relationship meant for the boys. i didn't actually know there was even a rule. i felt sick, cause now it seems like i'm causing some kind of disunity between them.

i exhaled out. "i'm sorry christian, this kinda seems like my fault." i truly just wanted to curl up into a ball forever. he shook his head briskly. "lara you didn't do anything. you didn't know about the rule and i see you and mitchel are really happy together, so i don't blame him for breaking the rule. i'm just saying things are a bit different now."

i attempted to act like it reassured me but it didn't. "well, you don't think mitchel would try anything with alexa, right?" i inquired, suddenly intrigued at his concern about mitchel.

he bit his lip and looked at me. "well, i'm-" and then mitchel marched into the room, clenching his phone and acting bratty. "he calls me for the dumbest shit i swear. like something dumb about our equipment on tour that i literally have nothing to do with!" he huffed.

"i will never understand the stupidity of michael. good thing he's a marketing genius." he persisted with his ranting before striding back to the couch and winding an arm around me again.

i fake laughed at his words, feeling weirdly unsettled about christian's admission now. it seems like mitchel had tried to do something like this before, with the whole dating a girl and then cheating.

i was so caught up in this but i was broken out of it when mitch leaned down and gave me a heartwarming kiss. "you're so beautiful laralyn, i'm so blessed." he murmured into my lips. i smiled instantly.

who was i kidding? we were crazy about each other and i don't see how he would cheat. christian just seemed like he needed to be worried about clinton at this point.

kras glided into the living room and i hadn't even noticed he had left when mitchel returned. he was now wearing a blue floral shirt that was unbuttoned and black skinny jeans with a matching black belt.

his hair was brushed and straight now and he looked a lot more presentable than when i first came over, with his raggedy hair and sweatpants. "well kids, i'm leaving. be safe and use protection." he joked, smiling at us.

mitchel shook his head. "aight mate, just make sure you can hit okay? you seemed a little grumpy today." christian rolled his eyes and shot me a wink before leaving the house.

i smiled over at mitchel and climbed onto his lap, really really hoping that clinton wasn't gonna come out of his room in the next hour.

____________

aw shit so that's why alexa isn't really brought into the book :/ sorry for all you alexa stans (i rlly adore her tho she's so great) i would love if you guys would drop me a comment please! and as always, votes are hella appreciated. thanks for being awesome readers yee