part LX

*laralyn's pov*

fear. there was so much fear running through me. the adrenaline made me shoot straight up from my bed and awake from my sleep, my eyes heavy with tiredness as i grappled around the bed for mitchel's familiar figure.

except it wasn't there. my eyes seemed to take an eternity to open, as if they were loaded with ten pound weights. when my eyes managed to open, i expected to see the familiar walls of my shared bedroom with mitchel, expected to see mitchel laying peacefully beside me.

but i was in a hospital bed, and my mother that i hadn't seen in almost two years was sitting in front of me. she stood up, in shock and instantly yelled, a nurse already running through the door to the room, surprise and utter...amazement in her eyes.

i had no idea where i was, what was happening, and the fear and confusion seemed to rip through me from the inside out. "where the hell am i? where's mitchel? who the fuck put me here?" i basically screamed, trying to rip the iv stuck inside of me out.

several nurses had gathered in the room now, holding my arms down, all speaking loudly over each other about getting the doctor and trying to calm me down.

i struggled against their grip, even trying to bite one of them as i continued to scream my questions. "where am i? where's mitchel? where am i? where mitchel?" i yelled over and over, a sharp stinging of tears hitting my eyes as i kicked with all my might, desperate for answers and to find mitchel.

they had pinned my arms down at this point and kept saying "calm down" loudly but there was no way in hell i could calm down after not knowing where the fuck i was and waking up in a hospital god knows where.

i was basically foaming with anger at the mouth, continuing to yell until my vocal chords felt strained and broken. my entire body hurt but i continued to fight them before i felt my body getting heavier and heavier.

it felt almost impossible to kick my muscles as i did a few minutes before, but i still fought against it, sobbing deeply as i screamed bloody murder. my eyes couldn't stay open much longer, and the last thing i heard was, "just stay calm. it'll be okay."

——————-

my eyes opened much easier this time but i felt drained of all energy and slightly loopy. when i woke up, my eyes instantly pinpointed where i was. the same hospital bed, but this time thick black restraints were over both arms and legs. i pulled against them with all my might but they didn't even move.

i kept trying, over and over to break free from the binds before a deep voice caused my head to snap up.

"those are hospital restraints. meaning they're extremely difficult to break. it's a waste of time, mrs creed."

"and who the hell are you?" i spit, my eyes scanning his white coat and professional look.

"your doctor," he replied, strolling closer to me. "dr page."

"my real doctor is in california, and you're certainly not him," i seethed through gritted teeth. where the fuck was i at? was i being tested on in some lab? was mitchel here with me? why was my mother here? none of this made sense and my head convulsed with the weight of all my questions.

"california?" he stuttered, his brows furrowing as he looked at me.

i paid no mind to this, interrupting him. "where the fuck am i, you sick freak," i spit out.

"saint michael's hospital," he calmly replied, pulling a chair next to my bed. i tried to grapple with my restraints, straining against them to scratch him or something but it was basically no use.

"why the hell am i in a hospital? where the hell is my fiancé?" i growled.

the last thing i remembered, mitchel had asked me to marry him. and then there was a huge blank of missing information and now i'm in a hospital bed with "dr. page" who was probably a secret fucking nut job trying to extract my dna or something.

"laralyn.... who is your fiancé?" he asked, suddenly very intrigued at this.

"you should know since you're my doctor," i mocked. "his name is mitchel charles cave. and if you don't let me go right now, i swear to-"

"ms. creed, i have something you need to know urgently," he murmured, his eyes looking down at the tile. his gray hair and balding head reflected his old age, and i wanted to kick the fucker right in the face.

i stayed silent though, partly because i'm sure they gave me sedatives and they were keeping me slow and i was partly interested in whatever he had to say.

"what is the last thing you remember?" he asked me quietly, a real look of concern on his face. he studied my features intensely as i called it all back.

the feeling of the chilly evening, mitchel's arms wrapped around me as he turned to me. the violet sunset.

he popped open a velvet box, a gorgeous diamond ring stuck in the middle.

"laralyn creed, will you marry me?"

"m-my boyfriend asked me to marry him. mitchel," i whispered, my lips trembling as tears threatened to spill from my eyes.

i just wanted to know where mitchel was so badly. i didn't think i was in an accident, there were no markings on me to indicate that but i knew maybe mitchel could have been harmed.

everything was so confusing. i was left with a huge blank in my memory, i didn't know anybody here, and most importantly, i had a good feeling something very very tragic had happened here, and i almost didn't want to hear the words he uttered next.

"ms. creed, you have been in a coma for the past two years."

and then i blacked out.

__________

omg omg i'm so nervous about this chapter fuck i felt like i wrote it terribly but it's so HARD to write this and omg don't hit me please omg omg anyway there's 2 more chapters left in the book rip i'm kinda sad :(