part XXII

*laralyn's pov*

i had devised recently that buying the more expensive brand of tissues worked marvels. your nose wasn't as scratchy and it genuinely was a nice investment, particularly when your eyes couldn't stop generating tears.

i wasn't sure how to react to mitchel and i's quarrel and my body decided to counterbalance for my mental state by being an absolute disarray. the outside was reflecting the inside quite fittingly, i would say.

i sighed, taking in my environment. tissues cluttered around the bottom of the couch as i needed them more than expected since our controversy. i hated the fact that i let mitchel down.

if there was one person i didn't want to fail it was mitchel cave. and sleeping with clinton wasn't anything like he assumed. it wasn't full of fervor or adoration and i honestly didn't even take my shirt off for it.

it was a quick fuck that happened one night after a few weeks of hanging out, a couple days before the fiasco with him went down. and after clinton asked forgiveness, we had a quiet talk about it and settled to not make it common knowledge.

mitchel had a background of overreacting as he's obviously proven and i still couldn't help but feel grim. my mind was hypothetically flooding in cold words and judgements i kept passing onto myself, unable to console the distressing feelings that tormented my body.

i realized mitchel and i were going to break up. it was 6pm and tomorrow was the day they were kicking off the tour. we were going to go on a romantic dinner and then cuddle up and rest, before me driving up to the show but the plans were ruined.

i called the restaurant earlier and found out our reservation was cancelled, signifying mitchel had no plans of forgiveness. and i probably wasn't going to see him again.

it hurt so fucking much. soon enough, my body was crushed by sobs, at a loss to control the anguish that was burning the pit of my stomach. tears soaked my eyes before i heard a voice ring out.

"holy fuck baby."

there was no way in hell. i must've been so upset i was imagining it. my head snapped up and through my blurred eyesight, sure enough there was mitch. i squinted my eyes, not altogether sure if i was hallucinating from how much i ached for him.

he strode closer and caressed my cheek. okay, this was positively not a hallucination. "m-mitchel?" i stammered, trying to dry my distressing tears with my hand before he saw how troubled i was.

the damage had already been done. i forgot i had given mitchel a key a few weeks ago and i was discovering myself to regret that decision immensely right about now.

he looked down on me and said nothing, pressing his lips urgently onto mine. he pulled back a centimeter, letting his lips brush onto mine as he uttered the next words.

"i can never explain how truly sorry i am for hurting you. you are my galaxy. more than that, for fucks sake. my universe. my love for you grows more and more everyday, same as the universe. you are undeniably the one and only thing that will matter to me at the end of my time here, and for the short time i have known you, you have ignited a flame that will never perish. that's why i want to tell you this. laralyn creed, i love you. i am irrevocably, irresistibly, undeniably, unforgivingly in love with you."

his eyes stared into mine, the windows of his soul undone as he poured his heart into the air, the words ringing out. it was everything i needed. i brought my lips onto his once more, not able to get enough of him.

"mitchel cave, i love you too. you are everything. thank you."

i wasn't certain what i was thanking him for. maybe for apologizing. maybe for telling me he loved me. maybe for presenting to me what devoted love was. i wasn't sure. all i knew was that i was so grateful for his presence on this earth.

he wiped a tear from my cheek and kissed my cheek after. "i brought some things for you. i don't want you to give all the credit to me though. christian advised me to get all of this for you."

he gestured towards my kitchen island where i saw he had carried in a box of pizza, some of my favorite ice cream, and a sephora gift card. i squealed. "babe, you really didn't have to."

he shook his head quickly. "maybe not, but i wanted to. you deserve all of this and more. you deserve much more than me but i'm happy you decided to settle with me."

i rolled my eyes and stood up, beelining to the pizza. "you're perfect, shut up." i responded as i got a piece out of the box. he laughed and shook his head. "i can't tell if you're saying that because you mean it or because i brought you pizza."

i shrugged my shoulders, taking a bite. "a little bit of both." i responded, as i chewed. he snickered and walked closer to me, enveloping his arms around my wide hips.

"sooo beautiful," he cooed into my ear. "especially when you're eating pizza." he lightly laughed into my ear. i shook my head at his words. "okayy, stop harassing me."

i roamed back to the couch, gesturing for him to sit beside me. he followed me and inclined himself into my body, kissing all over my face as i giggled. once he stopped, i glanced at him.

"not gonna lie, i thought we were gonna be over. i saw you cancelled our reservations and that just seemed like the nail in the coffin. especially with tour being tomorrow."

he looked at me and bit his lip. "i'm sorry. i cancelled those when i was angry. but, how about i take you to a nice lunch before the first show tomorrow?" he proposed.

i grinned and nodded. "sounds good."

he smiled back and kissed my lips faintly. "how about i make all of this up to you, babygirl?" he whispered darkly into my ear. my breath hitched as his whole demeanor changed.

"please." i whined softly, chewing on my bottom lip.

"good girl."

_________

not gonna lie, i'm getting more into good descriptions and i feel like some of you guys won't like it. i really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter nevertheless! i would love some comments and votes are ALWAYS loved!!🖤 xx