part LIX

*laralyn's pov*

i held my camera up, letting the picture focus on what seemed like a repeat of every night's actions. most nights i did this right here exactly, took pictures of the sunset because of my ongoing infatuation.

that may have been the only typical thing about tonight. my too curvy figure was clad in a black dress, which happened to be the dress i first met mitchel in all those nights ago at the club. i had a diamond necklace wrapped around my neck, and two arms encircling me from behind.

"happy two years, mon ange," mitchel whispered in my ear, the chill and rise of goosebumps suddenly covering my skin. i felt cold as ice, melting into his skin perfectly. an ideal combination of heaven and hell.

"you didn't have to treat me so well today," i sighed in response, fiddling with the diamond necklace around my neck. "i don't even want to know how expensive this is."

mitchel let out a small groan. "does it really matter? it looks stunning on you, and it's really only a small token of just how perfectly i feel for you," he murmured.

blood flow came into my cheeks, heating my face up in the cold evening, the violet hue and pink set of the sun resembling my face quite fittingly right now. "see the sky right now?" i said to him softly, my brown eyes examining the complexities of the colors as if it was the first time i had watched a sun set.

"yes," he exhaled, still in awe of just how much i admired the connection and gift i felt for the cycle of mother nature's art.

"that's how i feel about you," i replied gently, and i thought it was almost humorous how well the sky described my adoration for him. violet had always been my favorite color, a violet sky reminded me of simpler times and happy days.

the sky burned a bright violet as the sun set blissfully, and it couldn't help but make me think that mitchel was my own sort of violet. a happy memory and gracious reality, always there to light up my sky.

i felt mitchel smile at my comment. "coming from you, that's the highest compliment anyone could have given me."

it was times like these i cherished extra what we had. when his hands were wrapped around me from behind, and i didn't observe his movements but rather feel them.

i had a perfect view of my most favorite sky and a perfect physical connection with the love of my life right now. the wonders of life played out perfectly for me.

"your philosophy has been quite stunning lately," mitchel spoke. "i still think you should work on publishing it."

i shrugged, my stomach curling at the thought. i only wrote and developed my beliefs for myself, not for fame or money which a book deal could possibly bring.

i wasn't going to act like it didn't cross my mind at times though. getting to share the words and experiences that made me up.

but even if i did, it was basically a memoir to mitchel cave. i wrote about him more often than i would like to admit, always finding some new way to word the way he changed my life.

this was my own little safe haven of sorts right now. it was all i really dreamed about as a younger girl. i had a life in los angeles, the city of angels. i had a passion for creating, and an outlet to share emotions in a healthy way. even more than that, i found true love. i didn't really know what the future held for me, but as the sunset burned its colors for us, i didn't worry too much about that.

mitchel would always stay by my side, i was sure of that. my head seemed to swim in these thoughts of gratitude and gratefulness before mitchel heaved in a sharp breath and i furrowed my brows. i swore i could feel his heart racing if i didn't know any better.

"laralyn, babygirl, will you face me?" he asked, his strong arms turning me from the view of the sunset to the view of his flawless face.

"way to interrupt a girl and her sunset," i laughed slightly, poking fun at him. he shook his head, cracking a weak smile.

"you know how much i love you right?" he said suddenly, his voice shaky at first before settling down confidently. i nodded slowly, not sure where he was going with this. "yes...."

"i can't take much more of this. this as in... being just this with you. i love living with you, of hearing your soft snores in the morning, always having you be the little spoon, your borderline annoying but downright inspirational need to wake up at 6am for every sunrise, your beautiful words, your touching actions, your dedication to bettering our lives together...i love having the opportunity of being your boyfriend. of getting to see you in the most vulnerable state possible, and not just physically but emotionally. of seeing every inch of your heartwarming emotions and your awe-inspiring mind, your spellbinding looks and even better, the intelligence that has made your body its home. you truly are something completely different and unbeknownst to this world. you hold every emotion of mine in the palm of your perfectly manicured hand," he chuckled slightly. "and so that's why..." he trailed off, my breath hitched in my throat.

and then he got down on one knee, his beautiful oceanic eyes staring into mine, studying every inch of my soul, taking in every feature that made me up as i let him gladly drink it all in.

"and so that's why i can't be just your boyfriend anymore. i can't stand the fact that we have made such a beautiful life, but i know for a fact that we can make it even more mesmerizing. one year ago exactly i took the next step to an eternity with you as the sun rose, and here i am now, asking for you to officially spend your forever with me as the sun goes down."

he popped open a velvet box, a gorgeous diamond ring stuck in the middle.

"laralyn creed, will you marry me?"