part XXIX

good old los angeles. the crazy night life, the consistently humid temperature, and of course my best friend jessie. i had spent another day in new york last week with mitch before i had to depart and now i was situated on my bed, musing on why the hell i consented to this.

i had a white dress on that came quite far down my chest with criss crossed straps on top. i glared my reflection down in the mirror, knowing that my blonde bestie would bust through the door at any moment.

in 3, 2, 1..."bitch get up. we got a party to attend," i heard her voice shriek before the door swung open. i rolled my eyes and stood up. "i don't even know anyone there. it's only going to be fun for you," i whined instantly.

jessie made a face and shook her head. "you know me and you know calum. and it's not like you can't make friends. so shut up, even mitchel thought this was a good idea."

i let out a breath. i couldn't entirely argue with that. he did kinda say that a party would aid me in feeling better about us being apart. he was expected to be back home tomorrow but he nevertheless contended i come to this lame party with jessie when i mentioned it, so now here i was.

i nodded my head with her words as much as i didn't need to and we headed out, for the wildest night of my life.

pulling up to the mansion was a shock. i expected calum's "house party" to be at some little apartment, possibly a penthouse if we were lucky. but it looked like calum could be bill gates' roommate.

jessie smirked over at me, viewing my reaction. "nice, i know right?"

i nodded my head slowly and pulled myself out of the car, hesitating before taking a breath and wandering through the front door of the huge estate. i was instantaneously greeted with knocking the door into a dainty light skinned brunette.

i gasped and stretched out a hand out to steady her balance. "i am sooo sorry," i groaned, internally slapping myself for already making a fool of myself. the brunette laughed it off, seeming weirdly unworried with the whole circumstance.

"it's no big deal, i'm kylie!" the girl exclaimed, reaching a hand out to shake mine as she sipped a mystery substance from a red solo cup. i gave her a slight smile and shook her hand.

"i'm laralyn. call me lara." i responded. kylie grinned and ushered me farther into the house. "you seem new around here. is this your first time at one of the house parties here?"

i nodded my head, feeling better as the people seemed pretty nice here already. the atmosphere was kinda crazy but i felt like i could get used to it. "yeah, i'm kinda overwhelmed right now."

kylie dismissed my words with a swat of her hand and grasped my arm. "don't worry, i can help with that." she giggled, leading me into a large living room area crowded with people.

this seemed like the opposite of help but i had no other option as she dragged me along. in an instant we were met by a obviously exceedingly tipsy girl, who seemed to be a friend of kylie's. jessie was nowhere in sight.

the girl widened her light cyan eyes at the sight of me, her long chestnut hair framing her face in a unruly way. "kylieeee, who's this new bitch?" she slurred, shooting me a smile that seemed ironic considering she had just called me a bitch.

"chloe, this is lara. lara, this is chloe. and by the way, she calls everyone a bitch. don't take it to heart." kylie explained, waving her words off. i nodded my head slowly, feeling even more overwhelmed now.

"who are y'all looking for?" chloe said, ignoring kylie's words as she scanned my appearance. i shrugged and kylie gave her a little grin. "the infamous calum. lara here needs a little pick me up."