part XLVIII

*laralyn's pov, two weeks later*

"score! i knew i was going to beat you," i teased, sticking my tongue out in defiance like a three year old.

mitchel mock gasped, a smile working its way onto his face as he shook his head. "hey! that was our first round! we have seventeen more holes to go, according to the kind lady at the front desk," he responded matter of factly.

i put on a fake pouty face. "yeah, but i'm the mini golf master. so i'll win all those holes too," i lightly giggled.

mitchel had a face of fake offense on, before he sauntered ever so closer to me and smirked, leaning in to whisper, "maybe you will, but i think there's one that you're gonna let me win tonight."

this time i actually gasped, slapping his shoulder and stumbling backwards a bit. "you're just as dirty minded as the day i met you mitchel."

"true, but that's what you love about me," he laughed lightly, sending a wink my way that made my heart skip a beat.

truthfully, nothing could turn mitchel and i's relationship back to normal. there would always be the painful reminder of what happened in the back of our minds. but that didn't mean that we couldn't create something new and beautiful out of the ruins of what once was.

we had been seeing each other every few days now, hanging out and watching movies, going out to eat, or even going out on cute little dates like this. it was everything i could have dreamed of. he wasn't officially mine, and maybe he never would be, but we were definitely an unspoken something.

we were more than friends, yet we were less than a couple. we were a comfortable in between, and as for right now, i didn't mind that.

"maybe you will win one tonight. that is, if you can win this game," i teased, a hint of challenge coming into my voice.

mitchel and i hadn't even kissed again since we started talking, and sometimes when we were cuddled up watching a movie, i could sense just how badly he would have loved to connect his lips to mine again.

mitch narrowed his eyes onto my figure and bit his lip. "well, if your offer is serious, then you can just call me tiger woods," he replied nonchalantly, picking his golf ball off the ground and leading the way to the next hole.

i laughed to myself, knowing that now i was up for a serious challenge. mitchel claimed he had to go first since it was 'important in his strategy to win' so i sighed and sat on a bench watching him.

somehow he managed to swing his club just right, tipping the ball over the mini series of hills and into the hole in one quick swoop. he turned around, raising an eyebrow at me as i bit my lip. perhaps this would be harder than i imagined.

i waved his shit eating grin off and stood up, walking to the start of the course and positioning myself. as i was getting ready to attempt to get my ball even close to how mitchel hit his, his voice broke me out of my concentration.

"well sweetheart, you sure aren't going to win like that," he laughed softly.

i looked over at him, squinting in annoyance. "oh sorry, golf master. please show me how to attain your level of perfection."

he shrugged, strolling closer to me and smirking. "if you insist."

he snaked his arms around my waist, putting his fingers over mine and i knew instantly that this was just a ploy to get closer to me. but in all honesty, i didn't mind...

"well first of all," he whispered in my ear, sending goosebumps down my spine, "you need to stand a little bit more like this."

he pressed his torso a little bit closer against me and my breath hitched. it was stupid, but he had the best effect on my body. "mhm," i mumbled, trying to at least act like i was paying some sort of attention to the words he was blabbering.

he retracted his hands from the club and let me hold it, but kept a loose grip on my hips. "now swing darling."

i took in a shaky breath, weakly hitting the ball and watching it roll to a hopeless spot. i turned around, maintaining our closeness and dropping my club.

"just kiss me cave."

he grinned slightly, leaning in to my body, his lips barely touching mine as his arms brought me closer against him.

he leaned in just that inch closer, about to ignite the fire that my body so desperately craved, before he pulled back all of a sudden.

"what the he-"

"neither of us has won the game yet angel," he laughed, that stupid laugh that showed he knew just what he was doing to me. he was playing a game of cat and mouse, and i intended to win.

"mm you're right baby," i nonchalantly agreed, before turning to where my back faced him and picking up my club slowly from the ground. i heard his sharp intake of breath and i smirked to myself. mitchel may have been used to girls chasing after him, but i had a feeling i could turn the tables around for right now.

i finally turned around and looked back at him. "so teach me? i would love to be as good as you," i murmured, gesturing to the ball that laid in a rather hard spot to hit at.

his eyes trailed from my body to the ball and a smirk tugged on his lips. "hmm, that's funny. from what i remember, you were always quite good with balls."

his comment took me off guard, my eyes widening before i wiped the look off my face. "well, maybe i can help you remember that a little bit better. that is, if you want."

i didn't think it was even slightly possible to have sexual tension at a golf course, but you learn something new every day.

mitchel searched my face, his eyes boring into mine. his eyes trailed every expanse of my body, roaming over every connected curve that made me up. his oceanic eyes darkened as he finally looked at my lips.

"fuck it."

and his lips crashed into mine.

_____________

omg so they're cool right now which makes me vv happy !! as usual, more votes and comments = new chapter quicker ! much love ❤️