part VIII

i was shocked by his words. for the last month of knowing him, i was positive mitchel loathed me with every fiber of his being. but now he's admitting he adores me?

quietness filled the room as i took in his confession. "um...what?" i eventually spoke, sitting on a bar stool to firm my shaky legs. "should i go into detail about why i've been an asshole now?" he joked lowly.

"i mean it doesn't matter now. cause clinton ruined whatever he had with you and i'm sure you'll never want to speak to any of us again, so now seems like a hell of a time to explain." he carried on.

i couldn't comprehend what to say so i just nodded my head slowly. he tugged another bar stool near to mine and breathed out. "the first night i saw you was at the club. i don't think you had seen me yet though. you were dancing and having the time of your life, and i'll admit, you looked nothing like the typical la girl."

"but that's what drew me to you. you held a beauty these models didn't. i tried to shake you out of my head when your friend started coming onto me but i just couldn't. and that's when whatever her name was asked if you and her could come to our booth. i wanted to see you and i wanted to talk to you so i agreed. but your friend threw herself onto me and you know how interested clinton was in you. so i didn't get to. that was the beginning of my asshole tendencies. i was jealous of clinton. i mean, he had this amazing girl interested in him. you were so humble with your beauty and personality and you couldn't see it but i could. i realized instantly how lucky any guy was to have you and i guess i just wish i could be the guy. i was so jealous of clinton having you i couldn't stand to be in the same room with you and him cause of how much i wished it was me. and i wanted to hate you for being into my brother, but my adoration just grew stronger. and i knew i couldn't tell you because then what kind of brother would i be to clinton? he never really appreciated you though. he didn't show you off or do what he needed to do for you. fuck laralyn, if i was in his position, i would've given you the sun, the moon, and all the stars. i would've given you the universe."

"i'm sorry for being a dick but i guess i'm trying to make it up for it. i know you don't feel the same way but you deserve to know. i adore you with every cell in my body." he conclusively exhaled and investigated my eyes.

i couldn't gather what i was hearing. i stayed hushed for a minute, attempting to work through his admission. all i could say was "mitchel." he turned his head down and sighed.

"you don't have to reciprocate anything cause i know you were into clinton. i'm just mitchel." he murmured. i'm just mitchel? could he not perceive his own worth?

his beauty was like none other. from his braids to his narrow jeans, that boy was everything i needed. the connection i sensed with mitchel right now and the desire to just bundle myself into his arms and never pull away was too intense.

so that's what i did. i leaned over and put my torso into his arms, folding myself into him. he seemed shocked but a smile produced its way onto his face as he enveloped me in his embrace.

"let's go the sofa, yeah? this is uncomfortable on this stool." he mumbled in a light tone, gathering my body up somehow. he must've been more well built than he looked cause i felt i was too large for any guy to truly pick up.

i wrapped my legs around his waist, taking his aroma in. he smelt like mint and cigarettes and a little bit of cologne. it was suddenly my favorite scent.

my head spun as he set us down on my couch, my body still in his lap as i laid my head on his shoulder. "that was beautiful." i ultimately formed an entire sentence. "hmm?" he said. "mitchel that was beautiful." i repeated, eventually pulling up to examine him. "you're beautiful."

"clinton and i were never connected to each other. it was all surface level. but fuck, this feels so much better. and so much different." my desire for him had never been stronger.

"are you saying...you feel kinda the same way?" he inquired in an earnest tone. i had been pushing my idea of mitchel off for so long. but i had constantly checked him out for a little too long across the room, laughed a little too hard when he would joke with the boys, and liked a little too fast on any of his posts.

i hadn't wanted to take this into consideration cause i had never had imagined it would really happen. but here it was. i nodded my head slowly. "i had always felt the same way." i murmured softly.

he smiled and embraced me and i never had felt anything so intimate in my life. we finally assented to sleep, and i waltzed to the bathroom, feeling tired, shaken, and scared, but somehow content.

i hauled on some pajama shorts and a simple shirt and retreated back to the living room. "you can sleep in the bed with me if you want. i know how uncomfortable the couch is." i proposed quietly.

i would feel guilty if i left him there and honestly, i wanted additional mitchel snuggles. he nodded. "are you sure?" he spoke. "absolutely." i grinned, intertwining a hand in his and leading him to my room.

he took his shirt off slowly. "i promise i just didn't want to sleep with my shirt on. i'm not gonna take my pants off or anything." he reassured me, and i snickered.

the rest of the night resided with us cuddled in bed and quietly conversing, and as i departed to sleep all i could visualize over and over was, "i would've given you the sun, the moon, and all the stars. i would've given you the universe."

____________

FINALLY. finally yes finally i'm so excited I've gotten to here in the story yeet it's great i'm living. okay okay what are y'all thinking?? i wanna know?? please and thx?? okay please comment and vote cause i means it the world ahh okay much love my babes x