part XLII

*clinton's pov, one month later*

"what the hell is wrong with you right now?" i asked, narrowing my eyes down to mitchel's lanky figure. he sighed and shook his head, not looking me in the eye.

i rolled my eyes in frustration. it was taking forever to finish this song, mitchel just needed to lay down the chorus and then we could all take a break but it was like he was suddenly cut off from properly working vocal chords.

"listen, sometimes the shit i write is a little more than fake scenarios for record sales, okay? i'm just feeling a little distracted with these lyrics and all," he tried to explain.

christian scoffed. "mitchel, it literally says i need you to ride me harder when we fuck in the chorus. how emotional can it be?"

i nodded my head with his words. "it's been two and a half months mitchel...she shouldn't be on your mind like this anymore," i admitted, pity starting to slip into my tone of voice.

he pulled his headphones all the way off, and swung open the door to join the two of us outside the little recording glass box. "maybe it's more than her this time," he countered, frustration in his voice.

christian sighed and looked at the ceiling. "we have been here for hours on end dude. get over your shit. the faster you do this correctly, the faster you won't have to sing it for a long time," he tried to reassure mitchel.

mitchel looked at me and clenched his jaw. "since when has christian been a complete asshole?"

christian stood up from the couch and took on a defensive position. "get over her, she cheated on you, oh well, be a fucking man for once. i have tried everything to help you mitchel. i'm done walking on eggshells around you."

i instantly turned, stepping between the two. i was taller and more built and they would be stupid to try anything with me. "shut the fuck up christian. just leave, i can work on this," i said, no room for discussion.

christian met my eyes with a look of defiance, but he soon turned on his heel, walking out of the room. i instantly turned around to mitchel. "what's the actual problem? you've never had this problem before while recording."

he sighed, shaking his head and walking to the couch. he didn't answer me, he just picked at the fabric of the cushion and looked down. i moved to sit beside him and didn't say anything.

mitchel had definitely recorded music that related to this situation, and he never acted like this. most of the time he would just utilize that pain into making it sound even better, and there had to be a different reason for it.

after a few minutes of just sitting in silence, he finally managed to look at me and bite his lip. "please don't tell anyone."

"tell anyone what?" i asked, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"what i'm about to tell you," he groaned. i waited on him but he just put his head in his hands. i put a hand on his shoulder, this was really starting to concern me. "mitty..what's up?"

"i had sex with jessie. as in, annoying blonde bimbo jessie. as in laralyn's best friend jessie," he said quickly, not looking me in the eyes.

i stared at him in shock. was this seriously what was bothering him? i stood up from the couch instantly, my eyes roaming across the room trying not to look at him.

that was fucked. very fucked. in my opinion, it didn't really matter if laralyn cheated on mitchel, because she didn't deserve that. she was too good for him.

"clinton..." he murmured, his voice practically begging me to say something.

i crossed my arms and leaned against the table beside the couch. "why?"

"why?" he said, leaning back and letting out a breath. "i can't tell you why. i was drunk, and when i sobered up, man did i fucking regret it. it really made me see things from laralyn's perspective."

"and?" i asked, trying to figure out where he was going with this.

"and...i want her back. but i'm not going to pursue it," he admitted. i widened my eyes and tried to register what he said.

"why wouldn't you?"

"clinton, are you a dumbass? i slept with her ex best friend. she wouldn't take me back after that, and i'm too disgusted with myself to even try to have her again."

that was a fair point. i don't know how laralyn would ever want him back if she knew that. "well maybe you could hide it from her?" i suggested.

mitchel clenched his jaw and looked at me. "okay. well that's a terrible suggestion clint, but i should've expected it from you," he exhaled.

i sat back beside him and let out a small laugh. "maybe if laralyn and you both manage to fuck up, y'all can be the most demented toxic couple in los angeles."

he rolled his eyes and gave me a sarcastic laugh. "ha ha ha. so funny. i'm serious though clinton, what the hell do i do? jessie won't quit trying to talk to me and she keeps threatening to tell lara."

i raised an eyebrow. "dude, you're completely fucked. you have to tell her before jessie does," i stated, as if it was plain as day.

he nearly choked. "uh, can't we find an option where laralyn never finds out?" he inquired, standing up and starting to pace around the room.

i shook my head and leaned back, relaxing into the couch. "i'm so happy i don't have these kinds of problems. girls are very very overrated...or at least relationships with them," i corrected myself quickly, a small smirk coming onto my face.

mitchel groaned and hit my shoulder, obviously very distressed. "clinton, seriously what do i do? i have no idea how to fix this."

"well little brother, it's simple. you guys are going to meet up again and you're gonna spill your little secret before jessie does."

_______