11: mistake

Liz' pov

popstar Demi Lovato was on her way to the beach when the car came out of the lane, it was to late for Lovato to avoid the car. the driver from the car immediatly called an ambulance, which brought her to the LA hospital but only a few hours later she was transferred to the Texas hospital so she was by her family and friends. Lovato isn't coma, but she isn't fully awake either. Demi's family and mangement won't tell us more about it.

I can't stop sobbing since I heard this news. I want to be in Texas now. In the hospital. I Demi's hospital, just to hold her stroke through to her hair. Just to take away her pain. But I can't. I just sit here, doing nothing because I was the one who left her. Maybe it's my fault that she was hit by a car. I start crying again. I can't stop my tears anymore but I gut interrupted by the phone. ugh unknown ID. I just let the phone ring but after five minutes the phone is still ringing. wow someone really needs me so I just pick up the phone.

"hey it's Liz."

"hi Liz, you're speaking with Marissa."

I frown my eyebrows. "Marissa?"

"oh yeah sorry you probably don't know me" I her a sort off a giggle "It's Marissa Callahan, Demi's bestfriend and actually I call you about Demi. I searched in Demi's phone for your number and her family and I agreed to call you."

I take a deep breathe before I can speak "I s-saw on t-the television. t-the n-news about the a-accident..." My throat is getting thick. "h-how is s-she d-doing?"

"that's why I call you. Liz, please drop everything you do now and take the first plane to Texas."

"Marissa, I w-would l-love too b-but I fucked up it with Demi a-and I guess she d-doesn't w-want m-me to c-come." I can't stop my tears anymore.

"Liz, listen to me. Demi told me about you guys. I know she loves you like she never loved someone before. and since she's lying in the hospital... since the accident she's been asking for you."

"Is someone going to pick me up from the airport?"

I can hear Marissa let out a relieved laugh "thank you so much Liz, Dallas and Dianna will pick you up."

(...)

I walk out of the plane and look around at the airport, searching for Demi's mum and sister. I see two women standing and walk to them. guess that they are Dianna and Dallas.

"hey guys, I am Liz." I want to shake their hands but the only thing they do is staring at me with I weird face. I feel a bit awkward. behind me I hear someone bursting out in a laughter. I turn around and that's when I realise that present myself to the wrong people. the people who are laughing at me now are the real Dianna and Dallas. I feel myself blushing.

"ohh guess you guys are Dianna and Dallas"I say feeling I kind embarrassed

they finally stop laughing and Dianna pulls me in to a hug "it so great to finally meet you, Demi told us a lot about you and you sound like an amazing girl. please make sure that the things between you and Demi are gonna be okay again because you really make her happy." I nod "I promiss that I am gonna do everything for that."

Dallas pulls me in to a hug too when Dianna finally let go off me. 

"you hug just like Demi" I say which make her blush. "actually can we go to hospital now so we can go seeing Demi? is she doing better since I spoke with Marissa? I say.

"let's go in the car and we will talk about it then." I nod and we get in to the car. they tell me how Demi's doing. that she has broken a lot of bones and she has a concussion, which make her sleep a lot. they also tell me that everytime Demi is awake, she's asking for me. I am trying not show them my tears but Dallas notice she hugs me and ask "what's wrong?"