24: Stay with me

Demi's pov

I close my eyes and sigh.  Even Marissa gets annoyed by me, just like Liz, just like everyone else. She just hung up on the phone without saying anything. It's like I don't matter anymore.

I'm so done and lonely and you know what the worst thing is? The worst thing is that it's my own fault.

Suddenly I feel some camera flashes on my face. I look up and roll my eyes.

"Can't you guys leave me alone for one fucking moment?" I ask them but they keep flashing.

I can all ready guess the things that will be on the gossip sites. "Demi Lovato upset, did her and Liz broke up?"

 But at this point I really don't care because it's the truth. Liz and I did broke up and that's all my fault.

I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket but I don't have the energy to pick it up. I just walk through the streets of London, not knowing where to go. As my phone buzz another time ,this time for a message, I take a look.

One missed call from Marissa.

and one message from Rissa:

Demi, You know I'm in Phoenix right? I need you! Come to my hotel. The hotel name is 'Golden Lion' and I'm in room 324. Love ya xx

I immediately feel aniexty rising inside me. I know Marissa. Something must be wron.

I head of to the airport and immediately book a flight to Phoenix for the first flight.

Liz' pov

I lay on my bed a few hours after the converstation with Marissa. Oh yeah, if you didn't know yet who the girl was: it was Marissa, also known as Demi's best friend, soulmate and not blood sister.

She actaully made me feel like shit. No not because she was mad or something because I left Demi but because she told me how much Demi loved me. The way Demi used to talk about me when she was around friends but why didn't Demi herself show me then? Why did she act the way she did those past few weeks? She made me feel totally worthless. That isn't what you do to someone you love, right?

I soft knock on the door interrupts my thougts.

I walk towards the door and open it. What the actual fuck. I immediately run out of my room towards a room on the otherside of the corridor. Marissa's room.

"RISSA I'M GONNA KILL YOU."

"Woah hello to you to Liz."

"Don't you dare to act so innocent Marissa Callahan. You promised not to tell Demi and then she stood for my door five minutes ago so go fuck yourself."

"I wad just planning to do that but then you came and interrupts me." Marissa replies.

I hear a giggle behind me. Ugh Demi's adorable little giggle tho. She probably ran after me and that annoys me. Since when does she even care about me?

"Come on guys. The both of you. Lets just go into Liz room." Marissa tells us.

Demi nods "Please Liz, let me explain."

I roll my eyes.

" Liz come on. She come all the way from London ,where she was looking for you too, Phoenix for you while she could have been in the studio right now." 

I nod. "Let's go to my room then."

I hear Demi letting out a reliefed sigh. Woah bitch doesn't have to think that everything is ok now.

We walk to my room. I sit myself down on my bed and she take place on a chair.

"Go ahead." I say without showing any emotion.

"Okay, err first of all thank you for giving me a chance to explain. I have been craving for it ever since you left but I do not deserve it. I didn't treat you right ,baby, not at all but you know why? Well it's because you are not the only one who's afraid of love. I am too. I have been through a lot. You remember the Wilmer incident? Well yeah he hurt me before. I had my dad who used to be abusive... Liz I do love you. I was just scared that you will hurt me just like they did. That's why I acted like that but it doesn't mean I had the right to do act like that.  Liz... Let's be a in a relationship again. We can fix each other, right?"

"I err... Demi I had no idea. You could have just told me that would be way easier." I say while bitting my lip.

"I know Liz and I'm so sorry I didn't do that but Liz?"

"Yeah?"

"Promise you will stay with me forever!"

I look away from her while bitting my lip. Tears appear in my eyes. Didn't she already lost me?