Chapter 2: The Nightmare Begins

Alexis Winter

*RECAP*

     I turned around to know that the bad boy is catching up with me. I sped up but he caught me, and now is walking next to me.

     "We don't have a science project to do." I snarled at him.

      "I know that. Where are you going anyway?" He asks me.

       "To the library."

        "Why? It's so quiet in there with lots of boring books in there."

         "Good. If it's quiet, that means you can stop talking to me and I don't have to hear from you."

          "Is it that bad that a guy wants to get to know a girl?" He asks using his charming voice.

          "No. Unless you're a bad boy and is looking for trouble which is you in case you didn't notice that insult, then, yes."

          "Come on. Give me a chance."

            "Never."

              "Whatever I'm heading back."

              "Well, it's about time you left me alone." I broadcasted the news out loud.

              "I'm not done talking to you," the bad boy protests to me.

               "I'm done talking to you." I walked inside the library with the door shutting behind me.

                 I walked inside the library and the little bell on top of the hinges rang, knowing someone is coming in. The nice librarian turned around, facing me, giving me a beaming smile. I returned the smile and was now in a lovely conversation with her.

               "Hi, Alexis. How are you today? What brings you in here?"

                "Hi, Mrs. Steinbeck. My feet brought me here."

                 Mrs. Steineck let out a laugh.  I laughed with her before it started to die down and was about to say something. "Oh, I knew you were funny.", she slowly finishes her laughing matter.

                "I guess I am", I chuckled nervously a bit.

                "No, seriously. What brings you in here? Are you looking to borrow a book to read again?"

               I shook my head no. "It was noisy in study hall today and just wanted some peace and quiet from those animals."

               "Understandable. These students here are animals. It was like they were raised in a zoo." 

              I started laughing at that joke. Although, it's true about my peers, it was funny how she compared the two things together. "That was funny, Mrs. Steinbeck. I liked that joke."

             She laughed along with me before trying to get the words she wanted to say out of her mouth. "I can't help knowing that this joke is not really a joke. It's the truth."

             "Sadly, the truth sucks, honestly."

             "True. Speaking about the truth, was that your boyfriend that was walking next to you on your way here?" She lifted her eyebrows up, wanting to know the details about my life. But I trust Mrs. Steinbeck.

             "NO!" I quickly answer that question. "What I mean is, is that boy you saw earlier is trouble. I don't know why he has a sudden interest in talking to me but he is most definitely not my boyfriend. Never in a million years."