Chapter 19: A Birthday I'll Never Forget

Mason Steele 

            Jaxson met me by the bar where I'm grabbing drinks for everyone. Well, drink for the big boys and a soda for Lexi. He hugged me and patted me on my back, and took good look at me. 

            "How are you doing, man? Staying out of trouble?" Jaxon gave me his million dollar smile. 

            "Oh I'm trying but you know, I don't follow the rules." I asserted. 

           "Mason Steele. You are a bad ass!" Jaxon wrapped his arm around the back on my neck, his hand dancing by my shoulder, patting me on the chest. His drink was raised up in the air, shouting, "Bad boy in the house!" The crowd cheered as they raised their glasses. 

            I guided Jaxon over to my table snd introduced him to my best friends and my girlfriend. "Jaxon, this is Blake, Drew, and Lexi." I pointed at each of them as I mentioned their name. 

         "Nice to meet you guys!" Jaxon waved his hand slightly up in the air. 

          I heard my girlfriend nervously saying, "Hi", while the boys were cheering and shouting as they chug on their drinks. 

         "Mason, I'm going to grab another soda." Lexi tells me as she got up from the cushion chair. 

         "Okay." I just hope she's okay getting it because it's getting a little too crowded in this place.

          It's been a while and I don't know what time it is but all I know is that I'm feeling tipsy. Very tipsy. Blake and Drew are grinding on the dance floor with girls they just met, Jaxson must be talking to his girlfriend or some friend that's a girl he knows, and I'm here, drinking as much shots as the host that works with Jaxson will hand out to me. The place is packed and makes it hard to breathe in here yet, I am heavy drinking now which is probably not the best idea. 

          "Mason! Mason!" I heard a girl cheering loudly. 

             "Lexi?" I questioned the voices that are calling for me. 

               She made a face I couldn't quite make out but she said something after standing there in front of me in silence, "Yeah, it's me. What are you doing here all alone?" I felt her straddling on my laps, running a finger down my cheek, sliding her fingers into my hair and combing it back. 

              I smirked at her while my head was spinning. "What are you doing, Lexi?" 

             "Something I wanted to do for a long time now". I felt her two hands cupping my cheek, kissing me in a delicate way. The kiss broke when I heard glass fall against the hard wood floor. The glass shattered into tiny pieces, the club got quiet when I heard a girl screamed, "How could you?" 

                 I only had like two or three glasses so the symptoms were slowly fading away. I moved my head to the side when I saw Lexi standing in front of me with her arms wrapped around her waist, and disturbance was written all over her face. I pushed the girl off my lap and ended up collapsing on the floor. "Lexi, I could explain." I got up and reached out to feel her touch but she held her hand up as a shield of protection. 

              I heard her sniffling and her tone of voice was upsetting me as much as this situation is upsetting her. I saw tears forming into her eyes which landed somewhere on her clothes and even created a surrounding area on the floor. She wiped her face with her sleeve and looked at me like I've disappointed her. And I did. All I could do was stare at her. I couldn't think of anything else to say. The more I try to say something, the more I felt like it wouldn't even matter because she won't believe me. "I'm sorry, Alexis. I- I was drunk, and I couldn't see who it was. I didn't; I thought it was you in the distance." 

              "Don't!" I can hear the shaking voice in her. She stepped a few steps backwards before she ran out of the club, pushing people out of her way. I wanted to chase after her and I only ran a couple of steps before I dropped to my knees from feeling dizzy. Blake, Drew, and Jaxson helped me get settled down nearby the closest chair to sit at, drinking water and crackers. "So, want to kiss me like that again?" I listened to what the girl had to say. 

                  "No, bitch! I broke it off with you to begin with. It's never going to happen again." 

                "Fine." She huffed and puffed and walked away with her high heels clicking on the floor. I held my head back with my hands, exhaling a long, deep breath to help calm my nerves in my system. "Fuck! What did I just do?" I talked to myself.