Chapter 10: It's Almost Time

Mason Steele

"So you came here with the nerd, huh?" Drew pats me on the back.

"Obviously I have to."

"It's working then, right?" Blake smirks at me before a burst of laughter carries on throughout the room.

"Shut up", I ordered at them but I couldn't help but join in with them.

"Speaking of your date", Drew let the thoughts out of his head, "Where is your date?"

We stopped and decided to look for her throughout the room from where we were standing. "You know", I said with an attitude, "I should be with her right now."

"Awh, does someone actually have feelings for her?" Blake teases me.

I smacked him across the arm. "No, but if I have to win this bet, I should act like I care. Pretend, even." I found her sitting on the bleachers, looking like she doesn't want to be here. "Don't worry, guys. I found here."

"Dude, where?" They both asked me at the same time.

"Over by the bleachers", I answered their question.

We continued on with our conversations and when I turned my head around to look over where Lexi was, I didn't see her there.

"I gotta go", I told them and walked away before giving them a chance to say something.

I kept walking away, not even paying attention to them. I walked out of the gym, in search for her.

"Excuse me?" I said in between a conversation with two staff ladies standing by the bathroom doors. Teachers? Maybe, but they stopped their conversation and exchanged eye contact with me. I cleared my throat before proceeding. "Have you seem, um, a girl here with her hair up and wearing a black dress?" I started describing Lexi. "She's beautiful," I added.

"A lot of girls here have their hair up and wearing a dress. Do you have a picture?" One of the teachers asked me. I took my phone out of my pocket and scrolled up and down with my thumb on the screen to find the few pictures that would be clear enough to get a decent picture of Lexi. I shoved the phone to both of their faces. "Oh yea," the other teacher began to speak. "She went to the bathroom. She looks upset."

Upset? That's the last thing I wanted Lexi to feel tonight. Stupid Blake and Drew for dragging me out.