Chapter 12: Bet #1 Completed

Mason Steele 

*RECAP* 

      "Hey Lexi, you okay? I went to go find you and you weren't at the gym." I saw her lifting her eyes up to look at mine. I hope she knows I'm being very serious right now. I'm glad I found her. 

       "I'm fine." She demanded before she started walking away from me. I held her hand and stopped her from walking any further. 

       "Leave me alone, Mason. I just said I was fine. Go back to your boy group and just let me be." I entangled my fingers with hers and I couldn't help but stare at our hands being held together. "Come with me", I softly spoke to her. I can't upset her anymore. She doesn't deserve to be upset anymore. I locked my eyes on her eyes. Her beautiful eyes and I've never seen them this close without her wearing her glasses. I contended on walking away with her and took her outside so we could be alone. 

        "Why are we outside? Are you embarrassed to see me? I could just go home, you know. If you didn't want me here, you could've just---," and then, it was quiet. She never said another word after I found a spot around the school's property where it was pretty at night. 

        "Mason, this is nice and all but I'm cold and I really, really, just want to, um-," and before she continued on rambling, I unattached myself from my jacket and wrapped it around her shoulders, letting it hang there. I saw her arms folded even more when she was trying to warm herself up. 

         "Lexi, there's something I wanted to ask you and I hope you won't hate me for it." I can't believe I'm doing this to a girl I basically knew my entire lifetime. 

          "Just spit it out already." Lexi sasses me. 

           "Listen, I like you, alright? There I said it," I confessed. I can't believe I confessed a lie which probably won't be much a lie anymore. 

             "Why?" That's the first thing she said after what I just said. 

              "Because you're smart, you're pretty, and I think we get along pretty good. I liked you for a while but you were right, I did changed growing up and I hope I could make that up to you." I probably liked her ever since I asked her to help me bump up my grade in science. Maybe the night I stole her first kiss. 

              "Really?" I think she's just as shocked and emotional or the fact she's still shivering from being outside this long. 

             "Yes." My eyes are still searching her lost eyes. "So", I began to speak again to break the silence. "Will you be my girlfriend?" I hope she doesn't hate me for asking that. But before she made her decision, I made my decision and placed my one hand on her neck right by her jawline, pulled myself closer to her and kissed her. After kissing her, she finally made her choice and said, "Yes." There's something about her that she does and it drives me insane. I feel something different with her than with the other girls I've hooked up with and never felt that experienced before. 

               We walked back inside the gym with our hands synced. When we got to the gym, the music was fast and upbeat. A lot of the other students are dancing so what are the odds people would see us two dancing together? I took both of my girlfriend's, yes, I said, "my girlfriend's" hand and dragged her on the dance floor. I can see her smiling and laughing, shaking her head no to this idea I had in mind. I can't help but smile back at her, encouraging her to let loose and have some fun. She finally compelled and joined me on the fun. I swayed my hands back and forth with her, shaking our bodies, just dancing to however the music was playing. I saw she was finally letting loose when I noticed her grip on my hands were not as tight as they were before. The music faded away when a slow song started playing. One look at her and she shook her head no. Lexi and I walked away from the dance floor and over by the bleachers. My friends cat called me. I looked over to where they were standing, waving me over there. "Go", she told me. Although, I just asked her to be my girlfriend not too long ago, she probably already know how it goes when it comes to my boys. I made her she was okay when I turned my head around one more time before giving my full attention on my friends. Lexi grabbed something to drink, standing by the buffet. Once I knew she was okay, my head turned back around, facing my friends, laughing and making jokes. 

              "Dude, where did you go, my man?" Blake started to question me. 

               "To go find Lexi. Did you not remember me doing that?" 

                "Nah, sorry man. I was having so much fun, I forgot you disappeared on us." 

                 "What were you two idiots doing while I was gone?" Now I question them. 

                 "Stuff", Drew finally spoke up. 

                 "Like?" I asked. 

                 "I made out with pretty girls. You know girls that are our type. Bad and sexy." Blake admitted. 

                  "What did you do, Drew?" Blake asks him. Was he not with him while I was gone? What am I? Some babysitter? I thought to myself. 

                   "If only you wanted to know." Drew smirked. 

                    "He hooked up with someone!" Blake yelled out that theory of his. 

                    "With who?" 

                    "I don't kiss and tell." Drew kept the name a secret. 

                     "She must be hot as hell." 

                     "Yes, she is so hot. Mason, did you ever found the nerd?" Drew changed the topic of this conversation. 

                      "Yeah, I was with her after I found her. Was there something in the punch that I didn't notice?" 

                      "You miss it. The captain of the football team hooked us up with big boy drinks before we came back inside here. We were making out with girls outside where the teacher's park lot was. The other side of the school building." 

                      "Too bad you were playing hide and seek with... what's her name again?" Drew forgot her name. It's the buzz talking. 

                     "Alexis", I said before he was about to lose his mind. 

                     "Right, the nerd." 

                     "She's not just a nerd." I blurted out. Did I just say that in front of my boys? 

                     "Man, take it easy. It's okay. Anyway, what happened with her." 

                       "Boys, I've just completed the first rule for this bet. Alexis Winter is "my girlfriend"." I lifted my fingers and air quoting the words, "my girlfriend." I feel bad hurting her like this but I have to prove a point to them, showing them that I'm charming, bad, and my looks are what keeps the girls coming to me. I'm proving that I can hold down a girl when I want to be serious. I said want. Not need. I don't need to be serious. I'm young. I just want to have fun. 

                       "That a boy," Blake and Drew said at the same time, patting me on the back. "One down, two more to go." Blake pointed out. 

                       "The longest year of my life starting now." I sighed when I said that. I looked at her and she still looks beautiful even from a distance. Her pretty smile is showing and she gives me a quick wave. I waved back to her, kept on talking to my boys before the night was almost over. The music was slowing down which eventually got shut off, the lights were on, and everyone was grunting when the dance was over. I waved my boys off and I didn't see Lexi standing by the food table anymore. My phone vibrated in my pocket and reaching out for it, I saw she texted me: "I figured you didn't want to be seen, walking out with me so I'm waiting for you by your car." This girl. 

                          "I'll be out in a minute." I texted her back before shoving the phone back in my pocket and walking out of the school building, meeting her by my car. 

                            One quick kiss I gave her after settling down in our seats, before pulling out of the school building. With my one arm behind her head rest on my seat, one look at her before she saw that I was smiling and on our way back to her house so I could drop her off.