Chapter 6: Taking The Next Step In The Bet

Mason Steele

*RECAP*

     "Oh my gosh," Lexi said which broke the kiss.

      "What?" I quizzed her.

        "You stole my first kiss!" Lexi blurted out.

         "So?" I wanted to challenge her.

          "IT WAS MY FIRST KISS, DUMMY. I WAS SAVING IT FOR SOMETHING OR SOMEONE SPECIAL", she yelled out.

          "Relax, it was just a kiss", I calmly told her.

          "JUST A KISS?" She questioned me still. "I WANTED IT TO BE SPECIAL."

          "I thought it was special", I declared.

           "I didn't want the bad boy to be my first kiss!" Her voice sounded shaking when I noticed she grabbed her hair and gripping it tight, frustrated at herself.

           "Wow, that, um, actually hurts. All the girls love my kisses." I bragged about it. Like I'm proud that I'm an expert when it comes to kissing and girls.

             "Congratulations. That's another reason why I didn't want you to be my first kiss. Thanks to you, I can't take that back."

                "Admit it", I began to pick  a war with her, "You liked it and don't deny it."

                 "Goodbye, Mason". She got up from the couch, unlocking the door, and opening it for me to exit the door.

                   "Aw, come on, Lexi, don't be like this." I got up from the couch walking towards the door but instead stand in front of her. "It was just a kiss. Don't overreact to it."

                     "Bye, Mason. You can leave now." She lifted my arm out, pointing outside. "Besides, it's getting late. Don't you have a girl to hook up with?" She added it.

                      "My God, Lexi. You're so annoying." And I left her place.

                     The next day...

              I met up with Blake by his locker, which is close enough to Lexi's locker. I did our handshake. "Yo, how you doing, man?" I heard Blake asking me. "

            "I'm alright, man." I patted him on the shoulder before releasing the grip from our handshake.

             "How did it go? With your lesson?"

              "It was okay. Lexi tutored me and her mom let stay for dinner while her and her husband, I'm assuming went out together. And after she took care of her little brother, it was just the two of us and I made a move and she freaked out. Then, she kicked me out and that was the end of it."

              "What did you do?"

               "I kissed her".

                "You what?" Blake sounded shocked.

              "I. Kissed. Her", I slowly said to Blake, hoping he heard me loud and clear.

             "Dude", another old buddy of mine, Drew said as he joined in on the conversation. "Good shit, man. She must be lucky."

            "Apparently she don't feel that way,"Blake informs Drew.

           "Why the hell not? Doesn't she wish to be with you?" Drew asks me.