Pending Heat

TY (POV)

"TY."  I dreaded to hear that voice.  Without turning around I ran in the opposite direction from where ever that voice came from.

As I was far away enough I slowed down that is until I look back.  "Shit!"  I yelled before continuing running.  

Trying to turn corners I could hear the running foot steps of Hunter right behind me.  Running into an empty stairwell I stopped trying to catch my breath.  I should be far enough right.

Ha ha ha ha ha.  Mia laughed. 'And what the hell is so funny.' You.  Honestly do you think you could out run an alpha.

Before I could even answer I was suddenly engulfed but a pair of huge arms from behind.  Out of instinct my body relaxes.  "Thought you could run away from me little wolf."  The sound of his voice had done me wonders.

"Hunter, how?"

"I could smell you."  He chuckled.  "Now why were you running away from me."

"You were chasing me."  Flipping me around he leaned in to kiss me.  

"You my little wolf ran from me, just remember I will always find you."  He buried his head in the crook of my neck.

If I wasn't posing as a guy I'm sure I would've jumped on him right here.

"What do you want?"  I couldn't help myself but hissed at him.  

"Now do I have to have a reason to be with my mate."  I cringed at his words, I literally cringe.

I'm not use to these kind of words.  I want things to go back the way they were.  Where we were just buddies and we'd teased and wrestled each other.  Now he just makes me so...I get that we are mates.  He feels it through the mate bond, I however doesn't feel it as strong as he does.  I'm not yet 18.  Sure I can sense it slightly.  

"Time, Hunter."

"Time?"  He questioned.

"Hunter, I get that you are my mate.  And for as long as I wanted, I too wanted a mate.  But the fact that you marked me without my permission..."

"You're still upset about that?"

Holding up my hand I continued, "I need time please Hunter."  Indeed I needed time.  He may not know it yet but us she-wolf who are marked will be going through heat soon.  We go through heat every 6 months for at least several weeks.  

This is what I was afraid of.  Sure I am overjoyed that he had marked me, sure I am overjoyed that he accepted me, but if he knew that my pending heat is upon me, then my gender is at stake.

"How much time do you need?"  

"A few weeks.  I wish to stay at my old home.  I uh...my parents are asking for me to move back."  He looked at me disbelieving what I just said.

"Your parents whom I have not yet met."

"I told you they are on business trips.  You know them, they are workaholics."  Looking at him, I pleaded with my eyes, "One month, that's all I ask.  And a break from school."

"You're not using this as an excuse just to get away from me are you?"

"What, no.  Please Hunt."

Looking at me he sighed, "Very well but under no circumstances you are to do anything without my knowledge.  And if I call you answer the phone, if I text you reply no longer than five seconds."

Can you say control freak.  But what do you expect with your mate is an alpha.

"Fine."

Sitting in my old living room, I twirled the ring on my finger.  The stone in the center was emerald green coated with wolves bane.  This helped me.  This would help me against Hunter.  He wouldn't feel the pain that I will be going through, not unless I do not wear this ring.