Breakdown

Hunter (POV)

Sitting in my Alpha office, I had returned to doing my Alpha duties.  There was a lot of paper works to file piled on my desk. 

As well as books.  Most of the books are about the mind and how it works. 

Half a year has gone by and my routine hasn't change.  Aside from doing my Alpha Duties, I tended to my mate who was still in the hospital.

My resolve was slowly weakening with no solution.  I couldn't get her to give me a slightest emotion or reaction. The only thing I could do is wipe the sweat off her brows as if she was fighting an internal battle.

Lisa has told me the mind is a complex thing and once it has broken, the damage could be irreversible. And suffering from post traumatic stress disorder is not helping.

Knowing this, I had broken her.  Her mind is no longer with us.  Even Tray couldn't get through to her. No matter how many times I have tried to enter her mind I just couldn't.  It's like Mia had blocked off all communications with me and Tray.

My mother has been a big help.  When I wasn't able to care for her during the day, she would.  In fact the only person who can get her to eat was her.  How'd she manage to do that is a miracle itself.  Or perhaps its the motherly instinct my mother has given her.  Something she hungers for and lacks during her years of child hood.

And at night, I'd sit with her.  I'd massage her legs just to get the blood flowing and talk with her after all that's what she is good at now, is just listening.  Or if she even listens.  Doesn't she hear my voice? Just being in her presence comforts me but that's not enough.

I was tired and I needed her to at least shout at me, cry, or yell.  I haven't heard her sweet voice in almost a year.  She continue to stare at the wall in front of her.

Sitting next to her bed side as I place a strand of her hair behind her ears.  Her hair much longer now. Not once has she even looked at me.  Her mind is no longer with me, and for this I am breaking.  How long can I take not bantering with her.

Lisa has told me to be patient but now I was starting to get angry myself.  No matter how many books I read, it was all the same thing.  That once the mind had gone through being abused emotionally and mentally there isn't any cure.  She will be damage maybe even permanently. I refuse to admit defeat. The only thing I could think of if she breaks free of whatever trap her mind is in.  My only fear is if she is reliving that torment I had placed her in.

Putting my arm around her, I pulled her towards my chest.  She just laid there breathing possibly hearing my own heart beat as it slowly dies for her.

"Taylor, please come back to me."  Though she may have waken a long time ago, her mind hasn't.  It's like her mind is dormant. 

I now understand what Clair had meant when she said the mind is the only thing she couldn't heal.

Fuck this, "Taylor."  I yelled.  "If you do not god damn look at me I will spank you ass red and blue." I threaten hoping my threats would get some sort of reaction.

It was short live when I got nothing.

"Hunter what is going on in here?"  Mark choose this time to enter, "Are you yelling at your mate?"

Yes, my father had accepted TY as my mate.  Why though?  Why couldn't he accepted her the first time.  Why now when TY is broken and all because of me.

"I just...I just need her to come back to me."

"I know son, and it takes time."

"Time!  How long more.  2 years, 10. It's already almost a year since I just got her back and the results are the same."  I ranted.