Chapter Two - Narnians

"What do we do now?" Will asked looking around still overwhelmed by the forest. Elizabeth had to admit that even she was still taking everything in as well. One minute they're running from their parents and the next were in this huge forest. She wondered if they were still even on Earth, what is this place? It's so beautiful.

"Why don't we look around?" Jadis questioned looking at them. "Explore a little bit, we can go back later. I mean we came here to hide from mum and dad so I think we're doing a good job" She said smiling. "I say we explore, who knows when the next opportunity to do something like this will come up" She said and Elizabeth agreed. Something the sisters did very rarely was agree but they both wanted to see where we were, what this place was.

"Where do we even start?" Lance asked as he began walking leaving them behind. Penny grinned excitedly at the thought of an adventure. It isn't very often that they can go out of the house and explore and this place gave them to perfect opportunity to do some exploring. They followed lance through the forest, every turn they took, they realized how big and how beautiful this place really was. But the still didn't even know what this place was, what was it called? Where were they even at?

Digory stayed towards the back of the group as he was still nervous about the thought of going back. He didn't want to go back. He was terrified of facing his parents and no matter how much he tried to not think about it, to just simply enjoy the moment, he was having a hard time in doing so. Penny realized her brother was drifting further back from the group and waited for him. He looked at her and she smiled at him grabbing his hand not only to keep him close with the other but also to comfort him. This small gesture meant the world to him and he couldn't be more grateful for his little sister.

Lance continued to lead the group being faster than his siblings. It was in his nature, to lead the group. He wasn't much of a leader, he didn't like to think of himself as a leader. He liked to consider himself more of a scout than anything. He wanted to go ahead of the group and check everything out before they caught up. Though his sister, Elizabeth, made sure he didn't get to far ahead and stayed in their eye sight. She didn't want to lose anybody, not in this foreign place.

Even as she kept an eye on her younger brother as he attempter to run ahead Elizabeth couldn't help but look away from him every so often and look around at the place. She tried to remember land marks so that she could find the way back to the lamp post. No matter how beautiful this place was she knew that eventually they would have to return home and back to their parents. However, before she could think to much about their journey back to the lamp post a yell snapped her out of her thoughts.

Digory and Penny quickly ran up to the rest of their siblings realizing just how far back they were drifting. They made it up to Elizabeth, Jadis and William to see Lance running towards them as well. Elizabeth stood in front of all of them as their gazes fell upon the creatures in front of them.

They didn't know what to think. Things like that should only appear in fairy tales, not in real life. They watched as the half man half horse walked up to them slowly as he did not want to scare them even more than they were. He was taller than all of them and had lighter skin that the horse part of him. He was wearing armor making Elizabeth nervous.

Were these parts of the woods so dangerous that he would need armor? How would she protect her siblings if he turned out to be hostile? How man more of them were there? What was he? How can he exist? All these thoughts ran through her mind at once as she tried to focus on the man as he came closer to them.

"I mean you no harm Sons and Daughters of Adam and Eve" The siblings looked at the man in confusion. Sons and Daughters of Adam and Eve? What does that mean?

"Hi" Elizabeth looked down quickly seeing her younger sister Penny walking forward. She quickly reached out grabbing her shoulder which prevented her from going any closer to the man. Penny didn't look away from him and he didn't look away from her. "I'm Penny and these are my brothers and sister" She said motioning to everyone behind her.

"My name is Oreius" He said to her. "And I am here to welcome you all to Narnia" He said opening his arms wide as he motioned to the forest around him.

"Narnia?" William asked. "What kind of name is that?" He asked and Elizabeth glared at him. She didn't know how short tempered this man was and didn't want to risk pissing him off knowing full well they couldn't protect themselves if he decided to attack them.

"You are in Narnia" He said. "Everything around you is in fact Narnia" He said explained to them what Narnia was.

"And here I thought our parents were lame" Lance said. "Who knew they'd have a whole world in their wardrobe" Oreius looked at him confused as to what a wardrobe was but didn't question it. It wasn't his place to question it and he had a quest he needed to complete.

"We should get going, it is almost dark and we have a long way to go" He said and the siblings looked at him. Long way to go? Where was he going to take them?

"Where are we supposed to go? We only just got here" Elizabeth said speaking up. "Really we should be getting home" She said and her brothers and sisters looked at her in disappointment not wanting to leave. "We have to go back" She said. "Our parents are no doubt worried about us by now, we've been gone for hours" She said.

"It's almost dark Liz" Jadis said and she looked at her older sister. "We'll only get lost. We should go with him, we can go home in the morning. We'll explain to them why we were gone and even show them this place. Who should we leave now? Like you said earlier, they keep us looked up and now that we're finally free you want to go back into that cage?" Jadis asked and Elizabeth sighed as he siblings looked at her pleadingly wanting to stay here for a little bit longer.

"Oh alright, but where are we going?" She asked as the others grinned widely and excitedly. Oreius grinned widely at them all as he motioned for them to follow him.

"Come, Aslan awaits"