Chapter Fifteen - Queen

"Aslan I do not think that now is the time" Elizabeth said from besides him. They stood on the cliff that over looked the ocean and Cair Paravel. "We're in the middle of a war. More than half of Narnia is covered in snow, more than half of Narnia is under the witches control. Now is not the time for a coronation" She said and he looked at her.

"Is it because you do not think that the time is right or is it because you think you are not ready?" He asked her.

"Aslan the time is not right." She spoke to him. "I'm... I'm not ready" She told him. "I'm still grieving over the lose of my siblings, Jadis's betrayal still feels like a fresh wound and I'm just not ready Aslan" She said to him.

"Narnia needs hope, you can give them this hope. Narnia needs a Queen to look up to, a Queen who they can rally behind. Narnia is still suffering great loss. They need someone who is strong, someone who they can relate to" Aslan told her and she looked down. "They can relate to you, they can look up to you, they can lean on you" He said.

"And who is going to fill the other 5 chairs in Cair Paravel?" She asked him and he looked down. "There are meant to be 6 Kings and Queens of Narnia. You thought it was to be me and my siblings, but you were wrong. You could be wrong about me as well" He nodded understanding her.

"I was wrong about you and your family but with this war, with Jadis's betrayal, with this winter a prophecy has come forth" He said and she looked at him interested. "When Adams flesh and Adams bone sits in Cair Paravel's throne, Evil will be over and done"

"So more humans are coming to Narnia?" She questioned him and he nodded.

"I do not know when and I do not know how, but yes, more humans will return to Narnia" He told her and she sighed. "When they arrive they will feel better knowing that they have the true Queen of Narnia besides them" He said and she looked down. "Elizabeth you know loss, more than most, but that makes you stronger and wiser. You have the ability to lead these people, to give them hope. The people of Narnia need hope now more than ever" He said and she looked back to Cair Paravel. "They need you as their Queen. They need to know that someone won't abandon them, that someone will be right besides them and have their backs"

"They have you Aslan, aren't you enough?" She asked looking to him and he smiled at her.

"I will not always be here and you know that, they need someone that they can rely on. They need someone like you on the throne" She sighed giving in and nodded.

"Alright, I'll take the throne" She told him and he nodded. Both of them knew that she would not take the throne just to call herself Queen. No she'll take the throne to show Jadis that she hasn't won, that Elizabeth is still there and ready for her whenever she wants to show up and fight. She's taking the throne to show all Narnians that there is hope, that they aren't alone, that they are not forgotten. She's taken the throne for hope.

She stood in the middle of the room as she finished getting ready. Fauns were around her helping her get ready and finish up. They were all happily talking but Elizabeth found it hard to smile. This was supposed to be a happy day. This was supposed to be the day that her along with her siblings became Kings and Queens. But Jadis ruined that, she ruined the chances of Elizabeth ruling besides her siblings. Now she was going to walk down alone, take the throne alone, rule alone. She never felt more alone than she did right at this moment, but she didn't have the heart to tell the fauns to be quiet, to give her time, to give her some room. She's going to be Queen, she needs to set an example now.

"Give us some room will you please ladies?" Aslan said calmly. They nodded leaving the room respectfully. "You look beautiful Elizabeth" She smiled turning towards him. "It is a shame that your siblings could not walk besides you down to the thrones" He said and she looked down nodding. "You have to be strong, I know how hard this is for you but you must stay strong" She nodded pushing the tears back and took a deep breath.

"I'm ready Aslan" He smiled at her nodding. They left the room and went into the throne room at the beginning of the isle. The room was filled with Narnians. All of their eyes were on her and she forced a smile and hoped no one caught that it was fake. Slowly her and Aslan walked down the side of Narnians. She turned her head side to side to each side of Narnians smiling to as many as she could. Aslan stopped in the middle of the thrones as Elizabeth walked to the one in the middle and to the right. She looked at Aslan with a soft smile on her face as Oreius, a close friend of Elizabeth's stood besides a faun who held the pillow with her crown on top. Oreius thought it a great honor to place the crown on his best friends head.

"To the illuminating northern moon, I give you High Queen Elizabeth the Courageous" Elizabeth knelt down as Oreius walked up to her and placed her crown on her head. "Long live High Queen Elizabeth!" The entire room said cheerfully. She smiled widely as she stood up looking to her people. "Once a Queen of Narnia, always a Queen of Narnia"