Chapter Six - Into The Woods

7 years, 5 moths, 13 days. That is how long the Kirke's siblings have lived in Narnia. They all have grown to learn about the laws of Narnia and strategies of the battle field. As each day goes by Jadis, the oldest of the siblings grows more and more impatient. As each day passes Aslan makes no move to make the siblings Queen's and Kings. They have already made Cair Paravel their home yet they do not sit on the thrones and it angered Jadis greatly.

Elizabeth was more patient than her older sister. She was not in such a hurry to take the throne. If she were to be honest she was nervous for the day that she would take the throne. She did not want the responsibility, she did not think she could handle it. She did not have faith that she would be a good leader, not like Aslan. She did not believe she could get Narnia behind her and trust in her.

Her brothers, however, were more comfortable here than they were in London. They caused the same if not more mischief in Narnia than at home. Coming to Narnia had brought them closer together, closer than they've ever been. They hardly ever left each others side. They always practiced together, got in trouble together, had fun together.

Penny loved being in Narnia. She loved helping the people. She had taken up more interest in healing than she did swordsmanship. She loved to talk with the people, get to know them. She spent more time in the villages with the people than in Cair Paravel with her siblings.

"When Aslan said we would be Kings and Queens of Narnia, I thought he meant in a few weeks" Jadis said as she walked up to her sister Elizabeth in the throne room. They stood side by side looking at the thrones. "I didn't think it would take years" She said and Elizabeth nodded.

"We have to trust in Aslan" She said.

"Trust in Aslan?" Jadis questioned. "Where has he been?" Jadis asked looking at Elizabeth. "He hasn't been here in a couple of years Liz, I think we should stop relying on Aslan" She said.

"Don't forget that Aslan is the reason we're all here in the first place" Elizabeth told her older sister. "If you wish to be Queen someday sister, I do not think it would be wise for you to turn your back on the mighty lion" She said and Jadis rolled her eyes but didn't say anything else on the matter.

"I'm going for a ride" Jadis said turning to leave. "I will be back later" She said leaving the throne room. Elizabeth watched her older sister leave and sighed knowing how hard it was on her. All this waiting. Being here was amazing but the routine got boring after a while. None of them knew how much longer they had to wait until Aslan got back, until they were actually needed.

Elizabeth looked to the thrones one last time before walking out onto the balcony. She leaned against the railing looking onto the ocean and onto the beach. She sighed looking down as her wind blew through her hair. She prayed that Aslan returned and return quickly. She needed him, her family needed him to keep everyone together. She then thought how could she keep Narnia together when she couldn't even keep her family together. She could feel Jadis ever so slightly pulling away from the family and wondered how long it would take until she pulled away completely and abandoned the family.

"Lizzy" She turned hearing her name and looked at her younger sister. She looked at her and smiled at how much she had grown. Penny had just turned 19 not to long ago and she looked so beautiful. She looked all grown up that it made her think of their mother.

"Penny, you look beautiful" She told her smiling widely. Penny smiled at her older sister walking over to her. "You look more and more like mum everyday" She said and Penny looked down thinking about London.

"I hope I'm not acting like her though" She said smiling and Elizabeth smiled as well shaking her head.

"No, you're far more kinder" Elizabeth reassured her and she smiled walking past her and to the railing where Elizabeth once stood. She watched her sister looking out onto the beach and stood besides her. They both looked down on the beach seeing Jadis riding away at a quick speed.

"You argued again didn't you?" Penny asked her and she sighed nodding to her sister.

"She's losing faith in Aslan" She told her. "It's only a matter of time until she takes matters into her own hands" Penny looked at her nervously before looking back onto the beach as Jadis disappeared from their sight.

"We're still a family Elizabeth" Penny said as she put a hand on her shoulder comfortingly. "She won't abandon us" She said and Elizabeth smiled at her. "You have to have as much faith in us as we do in Aslan Elizabeth" She smiled at Penny gratefully.

"You'll make a wonderful Queen Penny" She said to her younger sister. "You're so kind, you have so much faith that no one can damage it" Penny smiled widely at her sisters compliments.

"You will make a great Queen as well Elizabeth. You have a good heart, a level head. We all have different faults and different weaknesses. That's why Aslan make it so that there were to be 6 Kings and Queens. So that not one person would have to carry the responsibility. So that we would have to work together to find the perfect way to go." Penny told her and Elizabeth smiled at her sister hearing wisdom in her voice.

"I just hope Aslan comes fast enough before any hope of a united Narnia falls" Penny sighed nodding.

"I trust Jadis will stay with us. She's our sister, our family Elizabeth. She won't abandon us" Elizabeth smiled wanting to believe Penny but she held suspicion for her sister. She loved Jadis, though she did not trust her no matter how much she wanted to.

Jadis held onto the horses mane tightly as he galloped across the beach. She didn't know where she was going but she knew she just needed to get away for a moment. She needed to gather her thoughts together. To decide what she needed to do next. It wasn't long until they reached the end of the beach and into the forest but even then she did not stop. It felt like they had been on the run for hours until her horse just couldn't go on anymore and needed a break.

Jadis slipped off allowing the horse to rest some before making the journey home. As the horse grazed on the grass relaxing it's muscles Jadis wondered off. She was lost in her own thoughts when she fell down the hill hitting her head knocking herself out.