Chapter Fifty One - Peace

Everyone watched Caspian as he walked to Miraz with Elizabeth's sword. Peter glanced at Elizabeth making sure she was alright, despite all the pain she was feeling she was able to hold a brave face and hide the pain. Elizabeth glanced behind her making sure that everyone was ready for action.

Penny met her sisters eyes and nodded to her. Elizabeth nodded back before turning back around seeing Caspian spare Miraz. Elizabeth didn't know if he was wise or a coward... he was wise to spare a life that didn't need to be spared. Caspian walked back over to use as the Telmarines ran to their 'King'.

He handed Elizabeth her sword back before he continued to walk away. The rest of them looked at Miraz for only a moment longer before turning back to walk to the army. They didn't make it very far before they heard yelling behind them.

"Treachery! They shot him! They murdered our king!" Their eyes widened.

"Be ready!" Peter yelled back to the army.

"Peter!" Caspian yelled pointing. We turned seeing one of his men coming at us. Peter didn't hesitate to advance and strike him down.

"Go!" Peter yelled. Caspian mounts his horse as the Telmarines return to their army. Elizabeth, Peter and Edmund stood besides each other as rocks came flying towards them but they held their ground. "If you cannot fight, get inside" Peter said to Elizabeth.

"I can fight" She said and the conversation ended. We watched as more catapults were released our way and the Telmarines charged. We waited until they were close enough until Peter looked back at Caspian who then raced inside with the remainder of our army.

"One....two.....three......four......five" Peter muttered counting. We smiled as the ground gave way trapping a lot of the Telmarines. Peter then charged forwards with all of us following him before we collided with the Telmarines. Elizabeth tried to stay with Peter and Edmund but it was damn near impossible as the continued forward. She did find Nathan and it wasn't long until they were fighting back to back with each other.

It wasn't long until they started to get surrounded. Elizabeth and Nathan looked at each other knowing they would need a miracle to get through this. Her eyes widened as she was shoved to the ground and watched as an knife goes into Nathan's shoulder. She feels her heart stopping as she stands up anger surging through her as she kills the man who injured her son.

"Are you alright?" She asked pulling the knife out.

"I've suffered worse" He said and she smiled at him nodding as she looked around seeing the trees coming to life. "Aunt Lucy" He whispered and she smiled.

"I'll be damned.... she actually found him" She whispered.

"Looks like we may just win" Elizabeth smiled at him nodding.

"They're retreating" Elizabeth said.

"Come on!" Nathan said and they raced with the remaining Narnians to the river. Everyone froze and they could see Lucy at the other end. It wasn't long until the old Lion mad himself known. Elizabeth smirked at them all as they went into the water only to drown as Aslan summons his magic.

"Go find your sister, make sure she's alright" Elizabeth said and he nodded before Elizabeth joined Caspian and the rest of her family to see Aslan. They knelt before him bowing their heads.

"Rise kings and queens of Narnia" He said and everyone rose besides Caspian. "All of you" Aslan said and they looked at Caspian.

"I do not think I am ready" He said to him.

"It's for that very reason, i know you are" He reassured him allowing him to stand up along with the rest of them. Elizabeth couldn't look away from Aslan for the longest time as she remembered the very first time she had seen the great Lion with her family. Long before anything had happened. She remembers the pressure she felt keeping her family safe. Seeing Aslan for the first time in centuries brought back so many good and bad memories.

It didn't take long for Aslan to meet her eyes and she saw plenty of emotions swimming through them. She knew they had much to discuss but now was not the time and here was not the place. She turned to her husband smiling in relief.

"So this is what peace feels like" She whispered and he smiled widely pulling her into a kiss.