Chapter Forty Six - Back

"Peter" She whispered and Edmund looked at her as she got ready to slide down. He went to grab her but she was already sliding down. She kicked the archer over the wall saving Peter. He looked up his eyes widened seeing where his wife was standing.

"Elizabeth!" He shouted and she looked over frozen. Edmund slid down grabbing her arm running to the tower pushing the both of them to the ground as they were fired at. She gasped as he closed the door stopping the arrows. He looked over at her hearing her gasp his eyes widening when he saw her pulling an arrow out of her side.

"This night just keeps getting better and better" She muttered placing her hand on her side to stop try and stop the bleeping.

"We have to hurry" He said tearing his shirt and wrapped it around her waist tightly. "Come on, that doors not going to hold" He said helping her up wrapping an arm around his neck. They walked to the end and out of the tower. She leaned against the little wall and he closed the door putting his flashlight through the handle to give them as much time as possible.

"Edmund" She said and he looked at her to see she was looking down. He walked to the edge and saw there was no way out. They looked at each other scared as they tried to break the door down.

"What're we going to do?" He whispered.

"We need a miracle" She whispered and they looked at each other turning to the door. "Ed" She whispered looking down seeing the griffins. He smiled a little bit as then backed up even more. The door broke down and they jumped before they could be shot. The griffins caught them and Elizabeth hiss in pain.

"We have to hurry" Edmund said to the griffins looking at Elizabeth not knowing how serious the wound was. The griffins picked up their speed taking them right across the courtyard. Both Elizabeth and Edmund's eyes widened seeing all the dead bodies as their hearts broke. "Elizabeth" He said looking at her seeing her head dropping. "Come on, Elizabeth!"

Peter walked ahead with of all the Army away from everyone. He was angry and worried. He blamed Caspian for the failed attack and was beyond worried for his brother and wife. The last he said either of them was when they both were cornered by a large group of archers. He could only hope that they made it back safely.

"What happened?" Lucy asked walking out the front of everyone. Peter looked at her angrily.

"Ask him" He said grumpily.

"You could have called it off, there was still time" Caspian said to Peter.

"No there wasn't thanks to you" Peter snapped turning to him. "If you kept to the plan those soldiers would have been alive right now" He said turning away but Caspian wasn't finished.

"And if we all stayed here like i had suggested they definitely would be" He snapped and Peter got angry turning to him.

"You're the one who called us remember?" Peter asked him.

"My first mistake" Caspian snapped.

"No, your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people" Peter snapped before trying to leave again. All he wanted to do was see if his wife and brother had made it back alright. Every time Caspian stopped him he got more and more frustrated.

"Hey!" Caspian snapped. "I am not the one who abandoned Narnia" He snapped. Fire burned in Peter's eyes as he marched towards Caspian.

"You invaded Narnia. You have no more right to lead it than Miraz does. You, him, your father!" Peter snapped anger building. "Narnia's better off without the lot of you!" Caspian yelled out taking out his sword and Peter took out his as well.

"Stop it!" Edmund snapped running up to the centaur helping him bring down the dwarf. Lucy ran forward as the two boys lowered their swords. Peter put his sword away watching Caspian walk away and everyone helping the dwarf.

"Dad" Peter turned around seeing Maria running up to him. "Mum wants to see you" She said and his eyes widened slightly as he thought about his wife. He nodded following her quickly.

"Elizabeth" He said and she turned around looking at him with a smile. Nathan gave Peter a stern look angry but didn't say anything.

"Give us a moment will you?" Elizabeth asked everyone.

"Come on" Maria said pulling Nathan away allowing Peter and Elizabeth to have their alone time.

"Are you alright? What happened?" He asked her caressing her cheek. She smiled at him.

"Nothing too serious" She told him. "A bang on the head and a little trouble with an archer" She said and he sighed. "I'm alright, really" She told him smiling. "What about you? Are you alright?" She asked looking at him.

"I'm fine, I'm alright" She sighed looking down. "What is it?"

"I killed them didn't I?" She whispered. "You know I can plan all day but losing that many soldiers was never easy for me" She said. "Especially now when we don't have that many soldiers to begin with" She whispered.

"These are the decisions we have to make. Yes it didn't work this time but we have to keep trying, we can't stop pushing" He said. "This isn't your fault. This was a plan that everyone believed in" She sighed looking in his eyes. "Tomorrow will be better" He whispered to her pressing his head against her.

"I love you" She whispered kissing him.