Chapter Forty Five - Castle

Elizabeth looked at Edmund the both of them nodding to each other. They were both nervous but they needed to do this. The two griffins wrapped their talons around the King and High Queen before flying off into the air. The wind blew through their hair as they flew through the sky and towards the castle, Edmund in the lead. The castle was dark and it was easy to sneak up unseen.

Edmund landed on one of the towers first while Elizabeth and her griffins circled a few times waiting for his griffin to take care of the guard. One the guard was gone the griffin gently set the Queen on the ground besides Edmund before flying off.

Edmund looked at her the nerves not going away. She nodded to him comfortingly letting him know she was alright and everything was going to be just fine. He nodded back before walking to the edge of the tower. He then lifted the flashlight and flicked it on and off signaling everyone else to come.

Elizabeth watched as the others landed not to far from them. She relaxed as they took care of the guards safely. Peter looked up at them before looking at Elizabeth. She nodded to him letting him know they were alright. She saw him relaxing just slightly before they moved on.

She looked to Edmund again finding comfort that she wasn't alone. She looked around the castle grounds as they waited for the opportunity to signal the rest of their army to join them and hopefully take the castle. She paced as Edmund flipped the flashlight around trying to pass the time.

"Will you stop that?" Elizabeth scolded quietly. "You're making me anxious" She said.

"I'm making you anxious, you've got to be joking" He said rolling his eyes as he continued to flip the flashlight. She rolled her eyes at him knowing this wasn't the place to argue. She turned towards him quickly when she heard him seeing him leaning over the wall before hearing a clank.

"You klutz" She snapped leaning over the wall as well seeing the flashlight on the ground. "Way to go genius" She muttered.

"Oh shut up" He snapped back. "Come on" He said and they went to the stair case and down to the window. They both looked out and saw one of the guards had the flashlight. They looked at each other and Elizabeth gave him an annoyed look but he just rolled his eyes at her.

They moved off to the side so that they wouldn't be seen as the guard turned it on waving it around. They knew they had to act quickly not knowing how much longer Peter and the rest were going to take. Elizabeth nodded her head towards the window and he looked at her weirdly. She glared at him and motioned for him to jump.

"No" he whispered. "You jump" He told her.

"I'm not the idiot who dropped it in the first place" She snapped and he groaned rolling his eyes knowing it was useless to argue with her. He moved back before jumping out the window. She jumped out not long after. She took out her sword kicking the guard to the side as he took his sword out. She ducked under his swing as Edmund tried to get the light to word again.

Elizabeth clashed swords with the guard trying to keep his attention on her and not Edmund but it was easier said then done. The guard was extremely skilled in swordsmanship and made it look effortless as he attacked both Elizabeth and Edmund.

"Now Ed Now!" Peter yelled coming out into the courtyard.

"I'm a bit busy Pete!" Edmund yelled back pushing the guard away from him. The guard clashed swords with Ed and blocked Elizabeth when she tried to butt in. Her eyes widened when he disarmed Edmund. She jumped in front of Ed fighting the guard back. He saw an opening and kicked her square in the chest knocking her down. She hissed as her head slammed against the cement wall behind her.

She shook her head trying to get her sight back as it focused and unfocused. Edmund acted quickly knocking the guard out with the flashlight. His eyes widened as he struggled to get it working again. Elizabeth groaned besides him before slowly standing up.

"You alright?" He asked as he got it working and signaled for the army to come.

"Peter, you idiot" She whispered knowing that it was useless now. "He's going to kill us all" She muttered and Edmund looked at her worried as he saw her head bleeding. They watched as the gate rose and the army came barreling in.

"We've got to go" He said and she nodded stilling feeling a little bit dizzy but followed Edmund none the less. "You go first" He said knowing she wasn't alright and if something were to happen he could help her easier if she was in front. She nodded not arguing with him and climbed up the side of the roof with Edmund not to far behind her.

They climbed before reaching the top. Edmund climbed up besides her as they looked at the courtyard below them. Elizabeth looked down seeing archers aiming at everyone in the courtyard. She looked at the one in front of her and her eyes widened when she saw who he was aiming at.

"Peter" She whispered and Edmund looked at her as she got ready to slide down. He went to grab her but she was already sliding down. She kicked the archer over the wall saving Peter. He looked up his eyes widened seeing where his wife was standing.

"Elizabeth!" He shouted and she looked over frozen. Edmund slid down grabbing her arm running to the tower pushing the both of them to the ground as they were fired at. She gasped as he closed the door stopping the arrows. He looked over at her hearing her gasp his eyes widening when he saw her pulling an arrow out of her side.

"This night just keeps getting better and better" She muttered placing her hand on her side to stop try and stop the bleeping.