Chapter Nine - Witch

"Jadis! Jadis! Have you heard? Aslan's back! He's returned!" Penny said running her older sister as she walked away from the study where she and Elizabeth had just talked. Her mind was still on what she had just done and she knew she had to keep Penny away, they couldn't find Elizabeth, not yet.

"Yes, Elizabeth told me. I will speak with him later but I need to go speak with Lance for a moment, do you know where I could find him?" Jadis questioned her not really caring where Lance was. She didn't need Lance, she just needed to get away from Penny so she could sneak out.

"Where else would he be Jadis?" Penny asked smiling. "With the Griffons of course" She said smiling and Jadis smiled back nodding.

"Of course, what was I thinking?" Penny giggled shaking her head at her sister. "I'll see you later alright?" Jadis said and Penny smiled nodding walking away from her. Jadis watched her for a moment before taking large strides down the hall and around the corner. She quickly went down the steps making sure none of her other siblings caught her as she went into the stables.

She quickly got onto a horse and sped out of he stables and away from Cair Paravel. She made sure to take the back way to the forest so that no one would catch her. She also wore a robe with a hood covering her facial features. She kept her head down not looking at any of the Narnians as she sped past them and into the forest.

She didn't stop until she came upon the castle in between the two mountains. She had allied herself with a witch and now it was time for the witch to keep her side of the bargain. The witch got her alliance and Jadis was to get her wand. They were supposed to work together but Jadis had something entirely different on her mind.

As she reached the castle she hopped off letting someone else take her horse as she took long strides inside. She ran up the steps and to the throne where the witch sat. Jadis knelt on the ground no matter how much she hated it. She vowed to never kneel in front of anyone ever again but she understood how powerful the witch was.

The witch was so powerful that she was written in the deep, dark magic. She was held up as Aslan's opposite but equal as well. So much power and Jadis wanted it. She wanted all of the power for herself. The witch was a coward in her opinion, weak. The witch stayed in the shadows and under Aslan but Jadis knew she could defeat Aslan. If she could get the witch to give her some of her powers then she could easily destroy the weak witch. If she destroyed the witch all of her power would transfer to Jadis and she'd be unstoppable. She could take over Narnia and finally be Queen.

"What is it my child?" The witch said.

"It's Aslan, he's returned" She told the witch catching her attention.

"Rise my dear" The witch said and Jadis stood up. "I'm afraid that we can't wait any longer, we must do this now" Jadis smirked slyly and followed the witch for the transformation.

"Where's Elizabeth?" Digory asked his brother William who wondered where Jadis had gone.

"I don't know, I can't find Jadis either." This caught Digory's attention and he grew extremely worried. He didn't trust Jadis and he knew she had something to do with Elizabeth's disappearance.

"We have to find Elizabeth" He said urgently and walked around William and down the hall. William turned and jogged to catch up with his brother.

"What about Jadis? We need to find her as well" William said to him.

"I hope I'm wrong, but Jadis may be the reason Elizabeth is missing" Digory said making William stop and stop his brother as well.