Chapter Fifty Three - Home

Elizabeth walked up the driveway, the leaves crunching under her feet as she walked through the brisk cold air. Despite it being colder than what she would have liked she couldn't help but to smile softly as she looked around at the place she remembered growing up in. Every turn of her head sent her eyes to a different spot bringing up another memory of her and her siblings.

She remembered her parents walking up this very drive way with items from the store in town. She remembered racing after her siblings when they had time to play. She remembered fighting with them on what to do and who was in charge. She remembered protecting them from their eldest sisters scoldings.

Jadis. It felt like centuries since she's last thought of her family, especially her eldest sister. Never in her entire life here in England would she think for a second the events that happened in her life would take place. She would have never believed anyone if they told her that her older sister would murder two of her brothers and try to kill her younger sister. She never thought that she would be at the end of the sword that took her life bringing an end to her terrible reign.

Finally her feet brought her to the front door and she raised her hand to move the knockers on the doors but something made her hesitant. It's been a long time since she's been here, she didn't even know if her younger brother would even remember her. Ever since she returned with her sister, Peter and the rest of the Pevensies all she's ever wanted was to visit him and here she was standing in front of the door.

Peter offered to join her along with Penny but she wanted to go alone. She wanted to talk to him and see what had happened since they've last seen each other. She wished her children were here to meet their uncle but knew they would feel out of place here and respected their decision to stay in Narnia despite how sad it made her not seeing them all the time.

With a calming breath she knocks on the door and waits for an answer. She could hear walking and felt her heart beating faster and faster as she became more and more nervous before a woman who she didn't recognize answered. She tilted her head slightly before introducing herself.

"Hello, I'm Elizabeth and I was wondering if Digory still lived here" She questioned and she nodded.

"He does but I'm afraid he is terribly busy my dear, you're going to have to call ahead of time" She said and she quickly stopped the door from closing her annoyance spiking.

"Tell him Elizabeth is back and would like to speak with him" She spoke her patience running thin.

"I wouldn't want-" She cut her off.

"Go get him now, I can assure you that he is going to want to see me and if not I give you my permission to kick me out" She snapped and her eyes widened stepping back. She walked in closing the door looking around. "Now, if you don't mind, I would like to speak with Digory" She said and the woman slowly nodded walking away. She rolled my eyes looking around at the place, almost exactly how she had left it.

"Elizabeth?" She turned around seeing an elderly man standing behind her. She knew automatically that it was her brother recognizing the facial structure. "Oh my" He said sitting down and she smiled walking over to him.

"It's been a while hasn't it?" She questioned as he looked at her in disbelief. "Trust me, it's been longer for me" She told him with a small smile.

"Is it really you?" He asked and she gently grabbed his hand.

"I'm here baby brother" She whispered and he smiled tears coming to his eyes as he stood up, now taller than her, and gave her a tight hug.

"I thought I had lost you forever" He whispered making her hold him tighter. "The others?" He asked her quickly.

"You, me and Penny are all that's left" She whispered sadly. "Jadis almost succeeded in killing us all" She whispered.

"Jadis" He whispered as memories were brought back to him. "I miss them all the time" He told her and she nodded in agreement. "How long has it been for you?" he asked and she sighed.

"Centuries" She told him and his eyes widened. "Lets talk about it over tea" She said with a soft smile happy to be back home.