Chapter Five - Stay

Elizabeth watched her siblings interact with the Narnians. They all looked so happy and it had been a long time since she had seen them actually happy. She thought long and hard about what Aslan had told her. She thought about the evil he spoke of. Though she did not understand what kind of evil it was, but to her evil is evil and it was something that she didn't want to get herself and her siblings mixed up in.

"What did you speak to the lion about?" Jadis questioned her walking up besides her sister.

"We need to leave" She said making up her mind. "It isn't safe here" She told Jadis and Jadis looked at her curiously.

"What did you speak to Aslan about?" Jadis said in a more demanding voice catching her sisters attention. Elizabeth looked at her older sister before answering her question.

"He took me to the beach" She said. "He showed me the castle, Cair Paravel. He told me that the thinks we're the ones who supposed to lead Narnia" She said and Jadis looked at her confused.

"Lead Narnia?" She questioned. "What do you mean?" She asked wanting to know more.

"Aslan wants to make all of us the King and Queens of Narnia" She said and Jadis looked at her shocked.

"And what did you say?" She asked. "What did you tell Aslan" She snapped making Elizabeth turn to her fully.

"I told him that we need to leave. There's evil here Jadis, evil that I don't want to get our family mixed up in" Elizabeth snapped.

"Who are you to speak for all of us?" Jadis snapped. "I'm the oldest it should be my decision to say what our family does or does not do" She said.

"Jadis Penny is only 10 and Lance 12, Digory is only 14" Jadis rolled her eyes.

"Yes Elizabeth, I know the ages of my siblings" She snapped and Elizabeth glared at her.

"Then you should know that they are to young to be here, they're to young to face whatever evil is here" She snapped back to her older sister. "We need to go home Jadis, this is not where we belong" She snapped.

"That is not your decision!" She snapped loudly.

"And it's not yours either" She snapped back going nose to nose with her sister. "This isn't up for discussion" She snapped. "It's to dangerous here for all of us, we need to go home. We need to go home" She snapped and Jadis glared at her.

"You do not speak for me Elizabeth. If you wish to return home then go, I'm not stopping you but I'm not about to let you drag me home where we'll be caged for the rest of our lives. We can make a difference here Elizabeth, we can help these people. Show them the right way, protect them" She said to her sister and Elizabeth sighed annoyed backing away from her sister looking at everyone else who was watching us.

"Are we going home now?" Penny asked looking at her older sisters.

"It's your decision" Jadis said. "Retreat like a coward" She said glaring at her sister. "Or stand and fight with the others" She said looking back at her youngest sister.

"I want to stay" Penny said. "I want to help" She said looking at her new friends. William nodded along with his brothers Digory and Lance. Elizabeth looked at Jadis who smirked widely knowing she had successfully taken charge of the family.

"And where will you go?" She asked quietly almost tauntingly walking to Elizabeth. "Are you going to leave us behind? Run to mummy and daddy with your tail in between your legs?" She asked and Elizabeth glared at her sister knowing that she would have to stay now. She would not abandon her siblings, she would stay besides them and protect them no matter what happened.

"Do not taunt me Jadis" She said dangerously low making Jadis raise her head and look down on her uneasily. "If they chose to stay, then I will stay with them." She said before brushing past her sister and past Aslan.

"Retreating is not always cowardly" Aslan said and Elizabeth turned to him. She looked at Aslan before looking at her siblings who had gone off into the camp again. "Sometimes it is wise to retreat, so that not all is lost. But then there are times where you need to stand strong and push back"

"How do I know when to retreat? And when to push back?" She asked Aslan who looked at her.

"The decision is not easy, but you will know when the time is right" Aslan told her and she nodded looking down. "If you do chose to stay, if you do chose to face the growing evil, then you along with you siblings will need to be trained. You all will need to know about the history in which Narnia was built upon. You will all need to know how to defend not only yourselves but the fellow Narnians" Aslan told her and she looked at him.

"So this is our home?" She questioned him. "We are supposed to just forget about London? Forget about our families?" She asked and he shook his head.

"When the time is right you all will return to your homes, back to your families." He told me and I sighed.

"And until then? Our parents? Will they be there?" She questioned him.

"I cannot answer that for you" He said to her and she looked down. "Tomorrow is when the training begins, be sure to rest up today" Aslan said before turning and walking off.