Chapter Forty Four - Depart

"I'm not going to tell you again Nathan you are not going with us" Elizabeth said as she walked around making sure everyone was ready to go.

"Why not? I've been on attacks with you before what is so different now? Don't tell be it's because of Peter" Elizabeth snapped turning around to her son grabbing him by the ear and dragged him away from everyone else.

"I've had it about up to here with people not listening to my orders and walking over me" She snapped. "Yes you've been in a fight with me before but that was in an open field and an easy win. This attack... it's in the castle, we'll be surrounded once we lose the element of surprise. If one thing fails we all will die Nathan. All it takes is one bad move, one thing we didn't calculate" She said.

"Then it's because I'm your son, you're giving me special treatment"

"Of course I am" She snapped at him. "You are my son and you will never understand my love for you. You are staying here with everyone else. You are going to protect the remaining women and children and you will protect your sister do you understand?" She questioned and didn't say anything. "Nathan who is going to protect everyone if we fail? Who is going to lead the Narnians if we all perish tonight?" She asked him.

"Maria, Penny and Lucy will lead them" He said confident in his sister and aunts.

"And I have complete faith in them to lead Narnia. However, Narnia was not meant to be ruled under three crowns but 6. Aslan made this so that every King and Queen would have to work together to make the right decision. I do not know if there will come a day where there will be 6 Kings and Queens again but I do know that they will need you by there side Nathan." She said calming down slightly. "The Kings and the Queens we're supposed to work out their differences and compromise, work off of each others strengths and weaknesses. I pray that I along with the res of our family will live past tonight but that is not certain my son" She told him placing a hand on his shoulder. "If we do not make it you, Lucy and Maria will be all that is left. If I cannot trust you to stay when I tell you to then I cannot trust you to fight besides me. Do not think that staying behind is a sign of weakness but a sign of love. You stay behind to protect those who cannot protect themselves. What makes a King of Narnia is how he treats those lower to him." She said and he sighed looking down. "If I find you in that fight I'll chain you to one of these walls" She threatened walking away from him.

"Must you all go?" Lucy asked Elizabeth.

"After all these years and you still worry about us" Elizabeth told her and she looked at me smiling.

"Someone has to worry about you" She said and Elizabeth smiled down at her.

"And just when I was getting used to you being so tall, you go and shrink on me again" She said wanting to lighten her spirits. It worked but only for a moment.

"Promise me you'll come back with the others" She said and Elizabeth sighed kneeling so she was her height but slightly lower.

"Lucy you know I cannot make that promise. Though I can make you this one. I promise to watch over them to the best of my abilities" She began. "I promise to try and bring home as many as I can. I promise with all of my heart that I will not stop fighting. Lucy just because my body may not return to you I will always come back. In spirit and that goes for everyone else as well. You will never be alone Lucy, we will always be there for and with you" She said and Lucy looked down at her feeling more sorrow then relief. "Now I must get going, keep on watch Lucy" Elizabeth warned standing up and walking outside. She saw Maria and Peter talking to each other before hugging.

"I'll look after everyone mum" Maria said leaving her father and walking over to her mother. "I'll make sure Nathan stays here" She said and Elizabeth smiled at her.

"You have become a wonderful woman and I grow more and more proud of you everyday. I love you with all of my heart and I hope to return to you soon" She said hugging her daughter tightly.

"I won't let you down mum, I'll lead them if I have to. You've taught me well" She said as they both pulled away.

"And I still have so much more to teach you to guide you through and I hope to be there for you" They smiled at each other and parted ways.

"Just when we get back together we're separating again" Penny said walking up to her sister.

"It will be alright sister, we will find our way back together in one life or another. I can promise you that" Elizabeth said. "I'm just glad you're home" She whispered.

"Please, hurry back. If something goes wrong it isn't weak to retreat" She said and Elizabeth nodded knowing this. What she was worried about were the others. Back in their time they had an army that was undefeatable and the term retreat was never spoken. However, these were different times, a different enemy and a different army. She feared that they would not allow her to retreat if the lost control.

"Are you ready?" Peter asked her and she looked at her husband nodding. "Lets go"