Chapter Fifty Four - Transition

"Who do they look like the most?" Digory questioned.

"They look like Peter if I'm going to be honest" She said smiling. "And they got our personalities combined. I wish you could have met them" She said and he smiled. "How did mom and dad take it?" She asked softly.

"I came back and they didn't remember our brothers and when Jadis died they lost memory of her as well" He said and she sighed. "They tried to find you and Penny but, of course they never did" He said and she looked down sighing.

"I never wanted any of that to happen" She whispered and he nodded.

"I don't think any of us did" He told her and she smiled a little bit. "But if it didn't, You wouldn't have had the chance to be with Peter" He said and she smiled nodding.

"Your right, but I would rather have my family alive" She said and he smiled at her.

"Do not dwell on what you cannot control" He told her and she smiled at him nodding. "I'm just happy you're home, safe and sound"

"Safe but not sound" She said and he patted her hand. "Does it ever stop?" She questioned him and he sighed.

"I'm afraid not my dear" He said knowing what she was talking about. When he returned and to this day he had dreams about Narnia, especially about the battles and the people he's lost. "The best thing you can do is not shut anyone out, I did that for the longest time and it only mad things worse. The people who can help you are the people who were with you, who experienced what you experienced. Bring them closer to you and don't let them go" He said to her and she nodded.

"I must get going" She said standing up looking at the clock. "I have missed you more than you can ever believe" She whispered hugging him tightly.

"Don't stay away for too long" He whispered.

"A couple of centuries was enough solitary for me" She whispered to him. "Don't worry, I'll be over so often you'll want me to go back to Narnia" She joked and he grinned.

"Stay safe" He said as she left and she nodded seeing Peter driving up the drive way. "I love you" He said and she smiled at him.

"Take care Digory" She whispered before getting into the car.

"How was your visit?" He asked her as she grabbed his hand tightly.

"Nice, I've missed him" She whispered watching the house disappear in the rear view mirror.

"I can bring you back any time you want" He said knowing how hard it has been for her to transition from Narnia to here. She looked at him with a wide smile.

"I love you Peter" She whispered and he looked at her. "I'm sorry if I've pushed you away recently, i don't mean too but I love you so much." She whispered and he pulled over smiling at her.

"I understand completely and I will be right besides you every minute of every day that you need me" He told her. "I'm not going anywhere and If you need time, then I will give you time. Anything you want and anything you need" He said and she smiled leaning over kissing him. "I love you with all of my heart Mrs. Pevensie."

"And I love you to the moon and back Mr. Pevensie" She whispered to him. They both knew that the transition between Narnia and here was going to be difficult but as long as they had each other nothing was going to tear them apart. It was them against the world and the world had no chance against the King and Queen of Narnia.