Chapter Twelve - Queen of Ice

"Elizabeth! Elizabeth wake up!" Elizabeth woke up hearing banging on her door. She sat up hearing her brothers panicked voice outside and stood up opening the door.

"Digory what's wrong?" She asked him.

"It's William and Lance, their gone. They left" He said and she ran to Lances room seeing the bed was still made and all his weapons were gone. She went to Williams room to see the same thing and cursed going to Digory.

"They went to the castle" She said going into her room. "They went to get Penny back" She said as she undressed not caring her brother was right there.

"Where are you going?" He asked her.

"Where do you think? They could have been gone for hours and if that's so then the battle is most likely over and their still not back." She slowed down thinking about it but shook her head as she put on her dress and her weapons. "I just hope I'm not to late to save them" She whispered.

"I'm going with you" He said and left for his room so she couldn't argue with him. He got done getting dressed the same time she did and they ran to the stables getting on their horses.

"Stay close to me" Elizabeth said to her brother. "I'm not going to lose you if we already lost the others" She said and he nodded thinking the same thing.

"Lets just hope we're not to late" He said and she nodded in agreement before they took off to the castle.

William and Lance slipped into the castle as their army was a distraction to draw Jadis's forces out away from the castle. They stuck close together as they looked for Penny not knowing where she would be in this freezing cold castle. As they searched some of Jadis's army didn't go out to the battle so they had to fight their way through.

"My, my, my, look at you two" They stopped after they had killed all of them and turned to their older sister breathing heavily. They tensed up ready to fight some more as she got closer and closer to them. "Why are you fighting me?" She asked them. "We're supposed to be a family, we're supposed to work together not fight" She said.

"Then why did you betray us? Aslan?" Lance asked her and she rolled her eyes.

"I am so tired of hearing about that stupid lion" She growled. "What are you doing here? Something tells me it's not to join me" She said and William stood taller.

"We want Penny" At the sound of her name they saw something in Jadis that looked like sadness and regret but it didn't last very long.

"I can't let you do that" She said shaking her head. "You see, she's apart of this castle now, the same can go for your army" She said and waved her hand creating a window in the wall. She nodded her head and they looked at each other before looking out the window. Their eyes widened when they saw that more than half of their army were statues and the rest were dead. It was just the two of them now. "I told Penny that if you are not with me then you are my enemy, so tell me brothers, are you my enemies?" She questioned them.

"You wicked witch!" William snapped running to his sister wanting nothing more than to just kill him when an arrow went right through his head killing him instantly. Jadis's eyes widened as she turned seeing an archer notching another arrow before looking back to Lance who was looking at William with wide eyes.

"Will" he whispered his eyes widening and his breathing quickening.

"I never wanted this Lance" She said and Lance looked up. "I just wanted all of us to rule Narnia, this is the way we can do it don't you see?" Jadis asked walking over to him but he was to occupied with staring at his dead brother. "Lance" She said placing her hand on his shoulder and he jumped and tried to get away from her but she didn't let him go. "Are you with me Lance?" She asked him but one look in his eyes and she knew he wasn't. She knew her army was watching her and she needed their trust if this was going to work. "I'm sorry" She whispered stabbing him with her dagger. He gasped in pain as she pushed him against the wall pushing the knife deeper into him and he closed his eyes in pain. "Why couldn't you just join me?" She whispered as he fell down onto the ground dying. She looked at him for a moment before looking to her army. "I want all of the dead out of my sights and my prizes in the room with my sister" She said talking about the statues.

"My Queen, there is something you need to know" She looked at the old dwarf and followed him to the throne where she sat down. She watched as they took her brothers away before looking at the dwarf.

"What?" She asked angrily.

"You need to get rid of your sister and brother" She knew who he was talking about. Elizabeth and Digory. "There is a rumor that I know could possibly come true"

"And what is it?" She asked the dwarf.

"That the one to put the Queen of ice into a never ending sleep shares the same blood as the Queen." He said and she thought about it. The one who is going to kill her is a family member. The only family members alive are Elizabeth and Digory. "If you wish to remain Queen then you need to get rid of the rest of your family" She sighed nodding.

"Alright, send troops out, I want them dead before the sun rises" She growled not wanting anything in her way of being Queen.

"Yes, my Queen" He said bowing and left.

"What happened here?" Digory asked looking at the battle field from the woods. There were statues everywhere, frozen solid statues.

"Jadis" Elizabeth whispered. "She did this" She said looking at the battle field. "Aslan told us her power, I just didn't think it was this powerful" She said and looked at Digory knowing the worst.

"Elizabeth" Digory said looking off to the side seeing where they were dumping the bodies. They kicked their horses to the pile knowing it would be a few minutes before they returned with more bodies. "Liz" He whispered seeing two familiar ones.

"No" She whispered feeling tears in her eyes. She hopped down running to her brothers tears going down her eyes. "No, no, no" She whispered crying as Digory went besides her hugging her tightly and she hugged him back just as tightly.

"We have to go, they'll be back soon" He whispered to her.

"I'm not leaving them Digory, I won't leave them" He nodded to her whistling for their horses. They trotted over to us. Elizabeth and Digory both picked up one of their brothers and lifted them on their horses before climbing up on after. "What about Penny?" She whispered and Digory looked at her.

"She most likely dead to" He whispered. "Maybe she's a statue" He suggested. She sighed looking down not knowing what to do next. "We need to get back to Cair Paravel before we get caught and killed" She nodded and they turned their horses taking off towards Cair Paravel.